IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the last hoorah for the mighty Tacklebuster as I had a couple of hours to kill before the truck came and picked up USS Leaky Bottoms in North Portland. I hit the ramp and made my way to the fishing grounds in the dark. As I was heading out I noticed a boat that was flashing me from across the river with a spot light :shrug: Minutes later I realized what it was all about as I was enroute to hit his nets at 35 MPH :shocked:

Threw anchor and started back bouncing. Pick up, drop, pick up, drop, Fish On
I quickly handed the rod off to my buddy and started the fire drill. We fished a couple more hours with some small takedowns and then about 9:00 the second fish came calling. We dropped out, landed that one and decided to call it a day. There was not another boat in sight and I only saw a couple around the Frenchman's area. Two in the boat and two missed pound downs to end the trip, not bad.

I am officially boatless as of 11:00 hours :depressed: Oh well, I'm happy to send her off slimy and bloody. 64 feet of water with a 7 foot dropper and 4 foot leader.

Good luck....

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
It will be hard having your ride gone but she will come back better than new... or else, right! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Chris,
Good job on the fish! Look at the bright side, you get to ride in mine next weekend, so at least you're not totally boatless. Hopefully we can put some fish in the boat. I'll be going over to my hot spot this Sunday, so I'll give you an update on how the wife and I do.

Scott

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I feel for ya TB. I had my boat for about 2 weeks off and on from July 2 until last weekend. Sucks being boatless.

3,877 Posts
Chris,

Good luck on the boat repair.

Hogback & I are on our way to Tillamook tomorrow and wherever on Sunday.

Call me and lets hook up and do some fishing and talk hunting.

Arizona sucked this week but at least I am home now and ready to go pound some of those Tillamook Hogs.

G

·
King Fisher huh? Will be keeping an eye on you. :grin: :wink:

[ 09-20-2003, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Chris,

I have a new schedule at work. What are you doing Thursday or Friday???

I'll send you my phone number via email.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts