IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a day, when it rains, it pours. As most of you know my boat is in need of a fix for a crack in a weld. I did a Billy Bob quick putty up job to get a couple more trips out of her before I am dry docked. I met KingFisher at the ramp and we proceeded to the fishing grounds. We met up with team Dipnet, FourtyWinks, and WaterDog along the way. I get anchored up and Bam, fish on :cool:

We proceed to start the fire drill when I notice I have no steering and no reverse :shocked: My fish runs sideways and wraps around FourtyWinks rig and proceeds to tie a knot that would make an eagle scout stare in total awe. My kicker motor wouldn't start because the fuel line was tied in a knot and oh yea, I'm just about spooled. Somehow after all the "interesting" stuff that came down the pipe, the fish was in the net. One of my biggest URB's ever.We limp back to the ball and I start tearing into my pump. My nozzle came completely off the pump.

Somehow the allen screws backed out and the pins fell out :mad: Now I am ten miles away from the ramp with no way to steer under power. I am so glad I told Dipnet that this was the spot because she was gracious enough to tow me back to the ramp. We went 2 for 12 today but the 2 that stuck were on. The others would pound the rod down then nothing. Team Dipnet put on a catching clinic and FourtyWinks did the fire drill as well. Nothing pleases me more than watching WaterDog's Mom catch a fish
I always try and fish next to her cause she gives me good luck. :cool:

WaterDog was putting on a clinic as well but I will let him tell you his story :rolleyes:

KingFisher's rod went down for the second one in the box and then it was off for the tow back to the ramp. I really appreciate the Ifish team for making sure I was ok and back to the ramp safetly.

Madeline- If you would send me your address via private mail I would like to send you a check for your next tank of boat gas. You guys were a life savor today and I am very gratefull

Kingfisher- It was nice fishing with you and you are welcome back on my boat anytime. Preferably when she is running right :wink:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Sounds like a good and bad day on the water all at once... sorry to hear about your boat troubles, at least you can get them all fixed at once.
:hoboy:

Oh ya, thanks for sharing
:wink:

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Yeah, a real clinic. 0 for 4 is bordering on
. I suck this year. :shocked:

Man do I miss Newport and the salty air. <sigh>

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Hey Chris, we don't expect any payment!!!!! It was our good deed for the day!! :cool: Besides, if we hadn't followed you down there, we probably would have stayed up at Frenchmans and wouldn't have caught anything!! :grin: Thanks!! There is that picture that I could sell to the highest bidder though!!! :wink: I will post the pic of that hog you caught. :cheers:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya on the salty air Rich

Aint nothin better in my book than being offshore in your own boat putting on a clinc in the salt. Except maybe winging a sturgeon rig out in a URB hog line :wink: :grin:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Next time we'll bring the Gator Gear and make it a combo trip. It was pretty wild watching those guys fishing for gators and URB's in the hog line. Thanks for getting me into the fish, next time in my boat though. :laugh: Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, my boat will have a spot for you next week, name the day.

King Fisher

·
Ray S.
921 Posts
Tacklebuster, feel free to email me and I'll give you a ride before I go back to AK...
Nice jack
Ray

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well Chris with three rods tugging on that fish at the same time from different directions, it really did'nt stand a chance as long as the line held out and the hook stayed in. It was really tethered. Still can't beleive that as far below us as you were we were all hooked up, but at least that hook stayed in till it hit the net. :shocked:

Hope you get your boat fixed without too much hassel.

WaterDog, you should have slipped down to our line instead of just spectating. :depressed:

DipNet - you guys were hot today, you were that close to 3 fish in the boat. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Well, we finally ended the dreaded URB drought!! After a slow start in the Frenchmans line, we decided to follow TB aways downriver. And what a good decision!! After losing the first one I hooked, I managed to keep this one on and in the net
. It was 36" and weighed right at 25 lbs. My husband got one to the boat and it came off just before I could net it. Then a few more pounddowns and then he caught a 33 1/2". Didn't get a picture of it though. He also caught a jack. What a great day!! Nice fishing next to TB and Kingfisher, and Fortywinks and wife!!

Dipnet :grin:

[ 09-12-2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Dipnet ]

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ray S- Nice meeting you guys today. Nothing like have someone pull up next to you, put a rod out, and five minutes later watch him float down river fighting a fish :cheers:

I'd like to take you up on that fishing trip :cool:

[ 09-12-2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Tacklebuster ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts