IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my EZ loader trailer now for 4.5 years and the disk breaks on the trailer are quite rusty. They still work fine, but was thinking that this off season would not be a bad time to have them serviced. I am not really sure what needs to be dine, but by the looks of them when I take a wheel off, they might need some work. Are there any shops in this area that do work on them? Has anyone had any first hand experience?

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Les Schwab works on trailers. I'd try one of them.
Maybe they work only on certain trailers, like small utility trailers? My nearest Les Schwab told be they don't work on boat trailers because they cannot buy the parts at wholesale. Who knows...that just what I was told.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Mine works on all kinds of trailers. Well, I guess we need to define work, and since I didn't ask what the trailers were doing there maybe they are only fixing flats or mounting tires.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Mike's was recommended to me by one of the boat dealers when looking for a torsion axle spindle and hub.
Mikes Trailer Repair in Jennings Lodge. Mike basically rebuild my entire old Pacific trailer....
17800 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Milwaukie, OR 97267
(503) 653-6114
Mike's did ours..... (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Schwab does not work on them anymore. I had a long conversation in the Albany shop. I needed some quick help and they gave it to me, but it was without charge and just a big smile and sent me down the road. I went back to ask about some brake work and they would not even schedule me.

Newport Marine did our work. They were able to get the parts and fix everything.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Maybe they work only on certain trailers, like small utility trailers? My nearest Les Schwab told be they don't work on boat trailers because they cannot buy the parts at wholesale. Who knows...that just what I was told.
Maybe that's a new policy since they were sold. They've worked on job and DB trailers in the past.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
My EZ Loader was 6 yrs old, then the left brake locked up, while I was on I-5.
Tire blew. Had to release hydraulic oil, and pry out Caliper.
Put on spare tire, and got home.
Researched boat Trailer brakes, and replaced all the original UFP: Actuator, Calipers, and pads with much higher quality, KODIAK brand (Dexter).

Now all works well.
EZ Loader doesn't use good quality brakes.

Reactions: 4 REEL
1 - 17 of 17 Posts