IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am moving someone to Portland I will be there 9/22+23 I am looking to catch salmon and maybe sturgeon I will be fishing from shore where is the place to fish and what should I use.
thanks

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome to the area

It's going to take you a couple of fishing trips to get the whole bank fishing technique down "assuming you've never bank fished the Columbia" your headed in the right direction by signing up on Ifish, there's a lot of great people here that are willing to help.

For now you can run a search on this website, the link is under the Doherty Ford sign located above this post. (search the 2002-2001 archives) If you don't find what your looking for then you can e-mail me.

Good luck with your search and Welcom to Ifish

Bobby

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
If I were brand new to an area and fishing fish I was unfamilar with I would hire a guide. For the app. $150 you will save money in the long run and have a greater chance of nailing a fish. Lots of guides here at ifish, you could email them and ask if they are working the area.
If guides are not your way to do things two rivers come to mind Clackamas and Sandy. Both for coho, albeit the Sandy will have chinook they are not legal to target and keep.
Just reread your post, since your hitting the bank lower Sandy River(below Oxbow, preferably Dabney SP to Lewis and Clark SP) has lots of access.
Lures are wide open-#4 metric type,drift corkie and/or yarn, even eggs.
Can't tell you about sturgeon but others here will and I am sure since your stay is temporary the gear to get set up would not be worth it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
1 word BONNIVILLE best bank fishing for sturgeon or fish for the salmon and steelhead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts