IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a sad story for you folks. Silver Hilton has been out on the Columbia River today, just East of Kalama, all alone in his boat and only four other boats around him. The poor guy has had to net three fish so far, had to let two of them go, has missed a few others, and has seen about fifteen fish netted for those five boats. He's also marked about 75 fish moving under his boat, thanks to the incessant beepings of his fish finder.

Being that I'm a compassionate fellow, I'm going to head out there tomorrow with the Kill Stick and meet digifish down at the docks so we can keep SH company. As I'm a pretty good fish netter (always the bridesmaid, never the bride), I'll be able to help him deal with this problem that has befallen him.

Oh, and before Squawmaster asks, I did verify that these were neither peamouth nor northern pikeminnows that he's catching out there, that they are actually spring chinook salmon. Hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow night, so you all can share in our woes.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Geek, I don't care what I've read about you on this board, it sounds to me like you're an alright guy to help Silver Hilton in his time of need. :grin: I've been looking for a Columbia Report thanks for the info. Good luck tomorrow. Wish I was going out. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Geek; with you it's give give give! I plan to fish down river from you guys tomorrow. I will let a few slide by though, I don't want you guys to be skunked! :grin:

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
I've been trying to help the poor guy out, but my employment obligations always seem to increase during the peak of springer season.
Working for a living sucks. :depressed:

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,254 Posts
Okay boys, so what is the score?
Titanium Kill Stick?
Northern Pikeminnow?
Peamouth Chub?
Pesky springers?
Who won? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We got on the water by 6am, and within 20 minutes digifish had an analog fish. Wasn't missing the proper fin, so back in that one went. Had a couple drive by's, but that was it. Stunk it UP. Good thing, cuz Hilton limited out last night and as he doesn't have a standalone freezer he just didn't know WHAT he would do with any more fish.

The catching was decidedly less active today from what we could tell.

As always, much laughter was had by all, and it was a blast to fish with Digifish. Hopefully we can get out again sometime, somewhere.

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
And, lest anyone think the fishing was bad, there were at least a dozen fish for a dozen boats by the time we left, and yesterday, I got two fish and another hit after 4:00pm and everyone was gone. There is decent fishing to be had, by all means.

We had a pretty good time. I just hope the bribe I gave Geek and digit will stick.

We're the 25%!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey, I saw a photo of that guy in that first picture posted at the Post Office??????

Something about fish molesting...peamouth chub...wrongful death of a chub...It was a looooonnnggg list of things.

Now, the second picture, you know you can trust that guy, he drives a Willie. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts