·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is YOUR favorite Drift Boat

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I'm torn right now with the fiberglass/aluminum dilemma.
Once I finally decide that though, I know it will either be a Clackacraft or a Willie. :)

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
My drift boat is my favorite drift boat.:grin: It's an older 15' x 48" Alumaweld. I've had it for about 11years and have caught some beautiful fish out of it. More importantly, it's the drift boat that my son's caught their first salmon out of. As well as a number of other peoples first big fish. Soon to be the boat my 10 year old daughter catches her first salmon out of.:pray:
The boat's still in great shape and I have added some nice accessories, but I do plan on purchasing a new or newer one in the not too distant future. Probably a Willie at 16' x 54" . I sure will miss her when I do though. Great memories, some yet to come.

·
Registered
5,601 Posts
I have owned 5 Drift Boats in my 35 years of rowing, and my favorite one of all is my current DB (other was my vote)!!

RiverWolf Drift Boats!!!:bowdown::bowdown::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I have only rowed one boat, A FishCraft. It's my boat so of course I love it ! :grin: FishCraft "Ownership" has changed hands and the boat I saw at the show last year was Reeeeaaaaaalllllllly nice ! :applause: Riverwolf was very impressive and I still need to get myself a rod holder thingy from them ;)

My boat

MrDorkCraft

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I've owned a 16' wood Keith Steel, 17' Fish Rite, 16" Alumaweld...but my favorite is the 16'x54" Willie Boat I row now!:dance:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Simply the best Willie Boat. 17x54 Diamond Additon

·
Registered
19,628 Posts
Of course, the only one I've owned!! My Alumawillie:jester: 1980 17' Alumaweld when Willie was there.

Although it probably was still his design, Willie did not build boats from 1977-81.
Your boat looks like it's new, I can tell you take really good care of it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I love the Willie boats! I currently have a North River drift boat and have zero complaints.Its a very solid boat and rows great.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My favorite is the one that I'm sitting in at the time. I fish with friends that have a Clackacraft and it is a great boat. Another friend has a Willie, and another an Alumaweld. They are all great boats, but my boat is a Koffler so I guess that makes it the best boat out there!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have a Alumabrick and it's a functional boat but rows like a log compared to my dad's boat... I LOVE that thing!

Mid-70's Woolridge aluminum DB... it floats like a bubble and is SO light on the water. it's really amazing. And it's WIDE which I love. So old Serial #12, a late prototype DB from Glenn himself is by far my favorite DB!

I have always wondered why he didn't go into regular production of AL boats..

·
Registered
988 Posts
I sure love my Fish Craft!!! I did have it customized for me. I have owned a Willie 17x54....nice boat and a Koffler 17x54. The Fish Craft is my favorite.
:twocents:
Gil Muhleman

1 - 20 of 79 Posts