IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI for the guys who like to plunk a bit after work -

The Corps of Engineers is <font color="red"> NOT </font> planning on doing extended fishing hours for springer season at all this year.

They say they will open at <font color="red"> 7:00 AM </font> and close at <font color="red"> 5:00 PM </font> all year

The man who can change this is:

James R. Mahar, Operations manager for Bonneville Lock and Dam

Phone (541) 374-8442
Fax (541) 374-8073

Email: [email protected]

UG

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Sounds like the man wants to work Bankers Hours. :smash: Bummer!!! :hearton: judyfish99

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Those are the project's standard hours. You all want to pass the hat for the security gaurd's overtime? We definitely don't want any undesirable activities going on there.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fishing hours for the past 3 years during spring and fall chinook season has been 5 AM till 7 PM.

In my humple opinion, I think BPA probably makes and sells enough power at the dam to cover the very small cost associated with the extra time.

It is after all a public facility.

UG

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
UG, weren't they closing early last year for awhile and then later in the season extended hours? Then in the fall they cut them back again.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, its no skin off my nose... when I start fishing up there in another few weeks I will be in the boat. I hardly ever bank plunk anymore. If they kick everybody out at 5 it just gives me another spot to try for about 3 hours every evening. A bunch of fish come out of those two places as well so shutting them early each day should make the above I-5 quota last longer as well.

:hoboy:

UG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts