IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a dumb question but oh well here it goes. What is the average depth of most steelhead plugs with 10-12# test line. Backed about 50' behind the boat. Is thier a site were I can find this info or Can someone here please help me out?

Wee wiggler?
wiggler
mag wiggler
hot shot 35
tadpolly

thanks in advance Ross

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Eeeh, they are all different. The longer and wider the lip, the more it will dive. I think your wee warts are 8-10 feet and the tadpolly and mag warts are about 12-15 feet. Hey DJ, what do you think?

Green machine

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
I am not sure on the Wee Wart.

Wiggle wart will go better than 10 on 50'. Maybe 12 under perfect conditions.Maybe....

Mag Wart is deeper by about 2-4 feet than the wart( again my experience with this plug is not extensive, so I may be off a tad)

Tadpolly works at maybe 5-7 feet. I have never fished the mag tad, so I dunno know there.

The Hot Shot 35 is a bit behind the Wart. But digs deeper than the 'Poly does. The 30 hot shot dives at least as deep as the Tad does.Maybe a foot deeper.

Mark and the dog.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Thank all of you who helped answer my question :cheers: Now that gives me a better idea how deep they are diving. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts