IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While living in Alaska I used plug cut herring for Coho's with great success, hence my Ifish name, but I have never fished them for Chinook any where. With the Silvers you wanted a pretty fast roll, but what about Chinook? How do you cut your bait? I used kwikfish last weekend and caught fish, but would like to add an other trick to my bag.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
sloooooow roll works best for me but i never have very much luck with plug cuts whole works better for me but i only get a few fish each year

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I caught fish today on both coho cut and chinook cut. Yesterday was all on the tighter coho roll. I just wanted to experiment today and it produced.
Glow

·
Banned
32 Posts
Hi unreel here,,i have used plug cut alot,,
have don great,,i came across a special spin,,i get it spinning ,with the tail walking side to side,look at a flat fish wabble,side to side...look at the herring,its spin,med. speed,but looks like a k-15 flat fish,,i hammered them,coumbia,willamette,astoria,off shore,,,its works ..Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.