IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to purchase my pioneer license online and can’t find that option online. Anyone else have that issue? All I can see is regular combination.
Thanks
Seedy

·
Registered
16,626 Posts
Trying to purchase my pioneer license online and can’t find that option online. Anyone else have that issue? All I can see is regular combination.
Thanks
Seedy
I just run down to the local Bi-mart and get a hard copy. Takes less than 1/2 hour.

·
Premium Member
22,344 Posts
I believe you have to get it at an office...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought mine online. As long as you have completed the initial application it should show up in your profile. Once you purchase the license the system automatically applies the pioneer reduction in cost.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks
Seedy
If it is your first one then you have to go to a main office. If you have had one in the recent year(s) then it should just come up automatically as a pioneer license when you go to purchases at the on line store. It comes up this way automatically for me and charges me the apprpriate $6. It also gives me automatically the Columbia River Endorsement and wildlife viewing area permit when I purchase..

When I go to my ODFW account the Pioneer license combo is the only option for licenses that it shows for me in the online store.

·
Registered
16,626 Posts
I believe you have to get it at an office...
Bill. 1st time you have to get an application from the place you want to purchase. Then send it to ODFW.
After that you're in the computer system, and go directly to the dealer, (bi-mart in my case), and they'll have it done in a hurry.
Don't forget to include $6.00 to ODFW with the application, like I did.
Had to re-apply. :doh:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Was VERY easy for me. I was born in Oregon, lived here all my life, and will turn 65 this year. I was a bit confused if I had to be 65 or if I became elligible the year I turned 65. It is the latter.

Easier than mailing it in for me since I'm only a 15 minute drive away... 20 minutes and $6 at the ODF&W office in Springfield and it was all taken care of and immediately showed up on my on line account. They said after this first time I'd be able to do everything in the future in my on-line account.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Thanks
Seedy
If it’s your first time you need to go to office
Sign a doc swearing your years as resident

then never again

·
Registered
16,626 Posts
For the 1st time application, the dealer you want to purchase from should give it to you.
At least bi-mart did for me.
Simple to fill out, add your 6 bux and send it to the ODFW.
Or as Duckshot said above. Just go to the nearest ODFW office.
Bout 20 minutes away for me also. Could have saved a week of waiting if I'd gone directly to the office.

·
Registered
16,687 Posts
Why would they not offer the application online...........

Fill it out, push submit, done.......

·
Registered
7,555 Posts

·
Registered
7,555 Posts

Perhaps because the return-on-investment for automating and capturing one's signature is so small it isn't worth the effort for such a small part of the customer base? :idea:

It's simply easier (and cheaper) to get a signature on paper in this particular instance. :)

And the signature kinda matters when one is answering the question "Are you a convicted felon..." :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts

Resident Pioneer License

Beginning in 2016, Pioneer Licenses cost $6 annually and include a hunting and angling license and the Columbia River Basin Endorsement (a $9.75 value). Charging this fee allows ODFW to receive federal grant funds generated by excise taxes on hunting and fishing equipment which are based on the state’s number of paid license holders.

To get a pioneer license you must be an Oregon resident for at least six months immediately prior to applying for this license, be 65 years of age or older, and have resided in Oregon for not less than 50 years prior to the date of application. See application below for more information.

https://www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/licenses_regs/docs/Pioneer_License.pdf

Mail or fax the Pioneer Application (pdf) ODFW Headquarters or visit ODFW headquarters.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It's just so simple. I got mine for the first time last year. Went back to ODFW here in Tillamook again this year and was done in 10 minutes. They even copied mine on Rite in the Rain paper (which I brought). Plus they always have plenty of copies of the regulations on hand. I get great service from the ODFW office here. I have met several people from "out of town" that come here just because of that.:whistle::flag2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got mine. Filled out an application for ODFW approval and my pioneer classification showed up on phone. The application is on their website but you may have to look around. I mailed mine to Salem.
how did you have to wait to get confermation? thanks

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Sadly I turn 65 this year. Went to bi mart and they gave me application form for Pioneer lic. Pendleton odfw is currently closed to public due to covid but when I called the office gal agreed to come out and take application. She said it would be in system in short order. I was told it may take awhile if I sent it to Salem (go figure). I went to bimart that afternoon and it was in system so I purchased it then. I plan on getting it online from now on. Good luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts