IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I took out the grandsons for their first try at pink salmon. In two trips we boated 22 and lost at least that many. The boys had a great time. We used 1/4 oz pink jigs, fishing in the Snohomish tidewater.

Monday I took out two novice fishermen from work and the fish were really in. We boated 51, they will be spoiled for life. No one wanted to go Tuesday,(grandsons wanted to sleep in) so I fished alone. I just caught and realeased all day, and the fish were everywhere. I landed 38 and lost many others. Pinks aren't large, the average is 3 to 6 pounds, but they sure are fun on a trout rod and 6 to 8 pound line. The Duwamish/Green is expecting twice the run that the Snohomish is getting. If you want numbers or the desire to get newbies into salmon now is the time.

By the way pink salmon are very good eating if you take proper care of them. Bleed them right away, then gut them within 5 to 10 minutes, and put them on ice. People who say they are poor table fare just aren't taking care of them.

RV

· Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Viigfish. I was curious if you know if any boat ramps available on the lower green. I have a sled and was thinking about heading up there with my 6 year old son and giving it a shot. Also, have you heard any good word on the green and if the pinks have shown up there yet? Thanks again for the report.

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have only fished the Snohomish. They are expecting 750,000 there. I read about the Green getting at least twice that number. I just haven't tried there yet, its right in the middle of Seattle and the Snohomish is crowded enough. I don't know of any ramps on the Green, I'm sure someone does. Fish are always in better shape in the lower tidewater. Usually better biters too.

RV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.