IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on fishing the sandy Fri., havent been on that river in 8yrs, and I've been hearing about "pink worms"...I've never used them, what is a good set up for them?? I will give it a try!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Do a search for earlier posts on this subject....it has benn talked about in recent months. Basically, you can attach them to jigs or hang them under a float solo, or drift them w/ a corky. Use a needle to thread them on the leader.

Hang on to the rod...it will get ROCKED!

HC

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Here is my favorite way to fish them. You can substitute white feathers with other colors like purple...hint hint

Have fun fishing.

Mark

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
I use these things called "Zipper worms". They're about 2" long and segmented, actually they look very little like a worm, but they work great. Get a package of those and #4 red Gami hooks and your in business. Count five segments down the worm and insert the hook, run it through the worm down about 5 or 6 more segments and push it through. Drift fish it just like you would corky and yarn. I started fishing the pink worm with this technique at the end of winter steelhead this year on the Alsea and Siletz and it proved to be very effective. On those rivers not many people were using them, so I think the change created a lot of strikes for me. Good luck and let us know how it goes, the Sandy and the Clack are my "home" rivers and I'm looking forward to trying the pink worm on them this summer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My daughter used those pink worms for steelhead this year on the wilson, riged up like steelhead 22 said, she got a couple of really pretty fish.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I made a pink worm beleiver out of Bankbound on the Clackamas.

Big bad nates LOVE them!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info... I will let you know how I do on the sandy!!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
NEVER EVER FISH PINK WORMS ON THE SANDY OR ANY OTHER RIVER FOR THAT MATTER. YOU WILL CATCH NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I look like a bobble head baseball player in that pic??? Is it the big steelhead inflated ego...YOU BETCHA!!

[ 05-09-2003, 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Bankbound ]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Pink worms....SUCK!!!

Fish hate them!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts