IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent 2 hours deleting pics on the upload directory. Argh!

I was finding that a few people use the most space. This gets really tough, not only to delete the pictures because they are special, but also both because they take up a lot of space on ifish ($$$), and alot of time and maintenance, on my part.

When I delete pictures, it leaves a red x in pictures in the archives, leaving our stories incomplete. :depressed: I cannot, however afford to house years of pictures on ifish. We have to figure this out. We are losing valuable memories!

If you find yourself posting quite a few pictures on ifish, it might be time that you learn to do this on your own free space, provided to you by your Internet Service Provider.

This would take a huge weight off of ifish!

I can do one of two things...

I can begin charging for picture uploads on ifish.

or....

I would be willing to hold a class on how you can upload your own pictures! --- if you are interested. (and please, BE interested!!!) :smile:

You will find that if you do it yourself, it is not only much faster, easier, and more organized, you will have your own pictures forever! You can back them up on a CD, and do folders, etc!

If you are interested in learning, you will first need to write or call your isp and find out these things:

Your host IP or web address to upload to. Sometimes this information is available in the support area of your ISP's web site.

You will also need:
Your user ID
Your password

You will also need an FTP upload program, such as WS FTP.

I could hold a chat night, where we all get together with this particular program, our user names and IDs, and we can do this!!!

If you are interested, please post here.
If I get enough folks interested, we will do a poll on which night is the best, and we will go with that! Perhaps I could do two, so that we could fit more people's schedules.

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH yeah, I forgot... You can do avatars this way, too... and change them at your will! :smile:
Jen

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Let me heartily endorse this idea!

It is far easier to upload to your own web space. You have control over it. It's faster ... it's easier ... it takes less effort ... fewer rules to follow - - just click, click, click and it's uploaded, then just click, copy, paste and it's in your post! I started using my own web space several months ago and I haven't looked back.

[ 08-11-2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Pete ]

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would like to participate. Last half of the week would be best. Thanks Jennie for the offer to teach those of us that are picture challenged.

Jean

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,262 Posts
Since attbi.com became comcast.net, the picture loading in my space has been reduced to 100 pixels wide. I tried uploading all sizes of pictures and they all end up that size. Then when I post them here they are so tiny you can't see the picture. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts