IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been forever since I uploaded a pic. I went to do so and that page and each step uploaded so incredibly slow I gave up. Is the server just really busy or is this a common problem or? It made me appreciate the trouble some of you guys have gone to in sharing your pictures.

Steve

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
I also experienced the same thing earlier this week. tried several times over many, many mins but the upload would just sit there never completeing final uploading. probably due to heavy traffic on ifish.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Happened to me earlier today. :shrug:

I just put it off till later. I just though it was Jennie's way of telling me not to post so many pic's. :grin:

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
If there is a problem with the pic... too big, a file name it won't process, etc... It will just sit there.
I uploaded a pic and it went zip!
If it sits there, rename it without spaces or other characters, and make sure it is small, using a jpg compression program.

ZIP!

Or, you could learn to use your own space. I've offered to help you all with that, many times.
Just ask!
Jen

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jennie, if you use your own space it just provides a link to the picture, right? It doesn't actually include it in the post? Could you post instructions on this or provide a link to where they have already been posted?

My picture was sized and named right. It was before I even started to upload it that the page was loading slow.

Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
fisheromen,

Pointing to a picture on your own server does not mean the picture will not show up in the post. All you have to do is put the complete URL in the dialog box.

What I normally do view the picture with a different browser window, copy the URL (i.e. http://my.isp.com/~myname/mypicture.jpg), and then past the URL in the dialog that pops up when I press the "IMAGE" button.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here are a few screen shots to show what I am talking about.

On the first one I view the image from my browser.

I copy the URL into the dialog box that opens when I press the "IMAGE" button under the "Instant UBB Code" box.

Make sure you are using the full path, meaning that you see the "http://" at the beginning of the name. Looks like I make my snapshot in a hurry and didn't do that.

The result looks like this (before submitting.) Just try the "Preview Post" button to verify you didn't make a mistake.

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Jenny,
When I was having problems, I had just loaded 2 pics just fine in record speed...but when I loaded the 3rd at 100kb's it wouldn't load.
Even tried just root of C-drive...C/dcsn1024.jpg
Can't get any smaller than that...and I renamed it 6 times but it just wouldn't accept a third pic. :shrug:
I have loaded many pics here with no problems after getting the Irfanview resize/resample. Just a weird day I guess.
Thanks for all you do and IFISH!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Rustyl, I'll try that sometime.

Steve

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Heck every time,I go to the picture upload page my computer locks up before the page is fully loaded.I've tried everything Jennie suggested and nothing works.???So I guess I'll have to beg other people to load my pictures for me be easier not to even bother with it then keep bothering others.
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts