IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The picture upload at ifish is a free service from ifish.
Since this is a fishing site, the pictures are expected to be of fish.
We also have invited you to use it for your general and fishing classified ads needs.
We are being rather loose with these rule, as of now, so we do allow avatars, a few silly cartoons, and some graemlins.

If this is abused, it will be taken away.

Ifish will NOT tolerate any pictures of a sexual nature, anything with potty humor in it, anything that is bloody or gory, or anything that is not appropriate for all ages.

Please respect these rules, so that the rest of us may enjoy our new program.

Any person knowingly uploading things that are against these policies will be immediately banned from ifish.

Jen

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Jennie, How many pictures can we store on it; how can we delete a picture in there? Are you going to delete them evey three months like before? Thanks in advance.....Ross

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are given a certain amount of space, and it is up to you to keep, or delete pictures that you need, at the time.
If there is something you desire to be permanent, and is deemed important to the community, it can be submitted to me, or one of the moderators, for permanent posting. This would be for things like the tech tips board, etc.
Otherwise, you totally manage your gallery.
It is in your best interest to learn how to use compression in posting photos.
The space you are allotted may be used by one giant pic, or several very small ones.
Remember, the web is only capable of displaying 72 dots per inch (DPI) so, no need to save photos with more dang dots than that. :smile:

Jen

·
Administrator
41,348 Posts
Each member can have 2000KB of uploads. They will expire after a period. I think it's 90 days or so, so remember to keep a copy of the ones you want to keep on your own system. You can free up space by going below the pictures on your gallery and clicking the "delete" button.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
One photo service web site that I just happened on the other day is Photobucket.com.

The purpose of this site is to allow people who do not otherwise have server space or know how to use what they have, a place to upload pictures and then direct link them to where ever they are posting.

The account is free, though I would flip them a buck or two.
Registration is simple and the upload process is easier than the Ifish process.

End result is that you are using Photobucket.com bandwidth and not Ifishes.

Check it out.

:smile:

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL... I know. I thought of that after I wrote it.
Yes, you may have bloody tuna...
I'll write a disclaimer...
"Pictures of mass slaughter of tuna! and other species are encouraged... "
YUCK! :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
672 Posts
Irfanview is a great resource that was pointed out to me here. Now, where is that link ...

·
Administrator
41,348 Posts
You can find Irfanview by doing a Google for it or using the obvious URL.

The new picture upload will help, too, since it will resize pictures automatically so they aren't too large for easy display.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Pete,

When you say the pictures will be resized automatically, if we have a pic thats over 200K, is that going to be resized down below the 200K?

SKP

·
Administrator
41,348 Posts
Steve, I believe the physical dimensions of the picture will be changed. If the image file size is too large, it will not be changed. Instead you will not be permitted to upload it. In that case a program like Irfanview or LViewPro or PhotoShop will be needed.

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
If space is a constraint, upload your pix to your own webspace, which practicallly every internet provider gives you for free. I just do that, rather than loading to Ifish.

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
yOU CAN HAVE ALL THE RULES YOU WANT....IT'S INSTRUCTIONS THAT i'M LOOKING FOR!!!!!
OK, so I'm venting! :whazzup:

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL... Thanks for asking nicely, Tilla. Much appreciated!

Go here:
http://www.ifish.net/gallery/index.php

It is the picture upload, linked on top, on the header of each page.

There, you find the gallery. You have your own!

Choose an area for your photo. Members? Avatar? What? Click on the area you'd like to upload a picture.

Once there, click on the right hand, where it says:
Admin | Home | Search | Profile | Upload Photos | Logout

Click on Upload photo.

Where is says Browse, browse your computer until you find the avatar you want to use.
Then, leave it there. Go down and name the photo and a description if you like.
Then hit upload!

OK, when you are done with that, let me know, k?

Since this weekend, things will change, (We are putting in place a modification that will make it easier to post your pics on the thread... I am going to stop here, and post more on how to put it in your thread, later.

If you want to do it now, click on Image, and place the location of your image into the text pop up box that appears.
Jen

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Thank you Maam.
I can load the photo ok, but decided to use the Ctrl c and v method place it in the message body. Typing in the url wasn't working for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts