IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Camped at Paulina with friends and family Friday thru Sunday. Fishing was good Friday afternoon. My daughter’ boy friend and I caught 7 with one trip trolling across the lake, which was enough for dinner. We were on the lake at 5:30 the next morning and only caught 4 by 8:30 with loads of drive bys. Mid-day went out again with a friend’s son, and we caught another 4 in a few hours. After dinner we went jigging and only found 3 more. The wife talked to a group that limited by 8:00 that morning jigging. Sunday morning three of us were fishing by 6 and it was a fire drill for the first hour. Then it slowed some, but the bite was steady. Finished with our 15 by 8:30. Fish quality is starting to decline in some fish so most of these will be smoked. Apex and Hoochies caught all the fish while trolling.

[ 08-11-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: FallRiverGuy ]

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
ooh, sounded fun FRG,
Wish I could have got into some of that action with you. Still plan on meeting up with you this fall, so keep a weekend day open in sept. or oct.
Thanks for the report!
GBS

·
Registered
466 Posts
Fallriver guy,
How was the camping? Were there spots open or was it pretty crowded. Heading up there Friday with my boys and wondering if I can find a spot to camp. Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Thanks FallRiver guy. I should be rolling in around 2:00.
Trouttroller.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trouttroller,

We stayed at Little Crater campground and it was 90% full all weekend. When we got there at 2 pm, people were just pulling out so we got a good spot on the water. From what I heard, it was packed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Check out is at 2, so if you are there around that time you should be able to find a spot. I don't think the other campground was as full either.

[ 08-11-2003, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: FallRiverGuy ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts