IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you heard of the tragic wreck over the weekend in Oakridge. The driver of the car was Chris Brown of Carlton. Chris was on Ifish but sad to say, I don't know what name he went under.

Chris was a fisherman and a friend. He worked at Hank's Thriftway in Cornelius in the Deli department as did his mother, who also died in the wreck, along with his father.

Any time I came in, he would always say hi and if he had a moment, he would come over and chat about fishing. He was a big guy and yet he would be climbing over rocks and walking trails to get to the fish. His favorite fishing location was at the Salmon River, but he fished where ever he could.

His life was short (36) and he will be missed by all that knew him. He and his family never knew what happened, when a pickup with some teenagers, went out of control and hit them head on. I know that when I go into Hanks the next time, I will stop and look at the deli area and think of Chris. :depressed:

·
Administrator
41,374 Posts
It is very sad to lose someone like this and sadder still when they are someone who was part of our community. My heart is heavy for Chris's family.

Chris went by the moniker "smolt" on Ifish.

3,877 Posts
HC,

I am so sad to here this news.

I knew Chris as well. He was on the board of the Tualitin Valley Chapter of NW Steelheaders when I was President from 1994 - 1996. He was the activities directer for 1 year during my years on the board.

I am so sad to here this. I will definately say a prayer for his family.

I remember Chris as a care free, hppy individual who was very down to earth.

This is truly a sad day. :depressed:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Damn...

I met Chris 12 years ago along with his mother when I was a packaging material rep. calling on Hanks, I saw Chris twice a week for 6 years. He and His family was just fun to be around. Chris always had a smile on his face (or grin) and always was rambeling on about fishing. I am sure he is still fishing on a river with a perfect tailout... see ya big guy.

Jet~~~

[ 05-28-2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: jet ]

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss. His friends and family will be in my prayers. :depressed: :depressed:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good friends are hard to find, harder to leave, and impossible to forget.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
:depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

G

·
What a tragedy :depressed: I don't know if Chris was attending our TV Chapter meetings because alot of times you just recognize the face instead of the name.

3,877 Posts
I don't think Chris was very active but I know he had a lot of friends in the chapter. Paul Noll, formaer past president is one.

I met Chris through Dane Crosley when he was VP when I was President. We conned him into doing activities for a year.

Like I said, he was good guy to be around and am saddened to here this news. :depressed:

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I drove by that wreck late friday night and had one of those sick feelings come in me, knowing something awful had happened. One of the worse wrecks I've ever seen. I didnt know any of them but it still hits you hard.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Uh huh...I knew Chris, too, as I call on Hank's in my travels. We talked weekly about fishing, and I took him, and his brother out a couple of times too. I heard about the wreck on the radio, but didn't know Chris and folks were involved until I read the story in the Oregonian over the weekend.

What a tragedy...just isn't the same in Hank's without him standing there behind that counter.

And for those of you that didn't know..his mom had recently re-tired from Hanks Deli too.

Funeral is supposed to be in McMinnville Saturday...not sure where and when.

Mark

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
God, that's terrible. I was on the way to Odell when I passed it. My wife says if we were even 10 minutes earlier we might have had the misfortune of witnessing it. As I drove by I was just floored when I looked right at the driver. It haunted me all weekend, and my pregnant wife was very shaken. It really was a sobering reminder of how fragile life is. I figure all we can do is live life to it's fullest, tell those around us how much we love them, and hopefully leave something meaningful and positive behind one day. Our lives can be cut short in a single breath.
My heart and prayers go out to the loved ones
of this tragedy. Chris, his family, and the teenagers in the white dodge truck. Lives should not have to end this way.
Wish I could say I had the pleasure of knowing Chris too. Fishing buddies are hard to say goodbye to.
GBS

·
Administrator
119,699 Posts
I didn't know Chris, but somehow, knowing he was a part of ifish makes it really hit home to me.

I am so sorry and will say a prayer for him, and all of his loved ones.

Fishing really brings us together, you know?
Please play nice on ifish. You just never know when your time is up.

Jen

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
:depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed: :depressed:

It's so sad how death can happen so suddenly and for mostly due to someone elses stupid actions. I'm sorry to hear this and prayers go out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts