IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My inlaws have a cabin at Cape Meares, but the driveway is not boat friendly. I'm looking for a place I can keep my boat when I go down for weekends. While day trips are nice, it kills me knowing it could be an overnighter and early day fishing if I had a place to park the boat!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17,006 Posts
The first place I'd start is with that small RV place that's right on the Netarts-Oceanside road as you get into Netarts, just down the hill from Michko's pub.

Maybe they'd rent you a small boat spot. I can't find the name of that RV place but you could probably get it from the Netarts General Store, just up the way - or Michkos.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Years ago I used to keep my boat and Trailer at the 101 RV park north of town. They charged me a buck a day each to park out behind their barn/shop. Then when I cam down I just moved into the space and paid full rate, then back to storage for a few days. You might call them or try the same arrangement with other RV parks. How about the old Peterson consignment lot north of town (security might be an issue) How about a church parking lot and make a donation. Or just find a farmer with some space and offer to pay in cash or if you catch lots just give him a fish or two. I'll tell you this, I make lots of agreements with landowners for access and such and you have a much better chance if you visit them in the off season with fish or game to trade insted of only during the fall fishing season, just something to keep in mind. If you find a farmer just be sincere and honest and design a program that is low agg for him, heck offer to take him fishing. Good luck, be creative and you'll find a good solution. Think about security/locks, rain, leaves (don't park under a maple tree) Enjoy the easier commute..... FB

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to do that. Usually I arrive around Friday night at 5 or 6, and so I'm looking for a place I can come and go without any restriction to pickup drop-off during my weekend outings. Since it will be in the water most of the time, I just need a place to store it while I'm sleeping - which is very little on these trips! I guess I could always just "camp" at the spit lot and sleep in the cuddy. Indoor plumbing is over-rated anyhow <grin>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts