IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to find a person who is willing to zolotone (sp) the interior of my small jet sled.

I just purchased this older, small sled from a fellow ifisher, and I would like to get it painted. If you can help, or know someone who is capable of doing this, please contact me.

Thanks,

Rusty
[email protected]

·
Registered
464 Posts
Rusty
I have several friends that have had the interior of their small sleds lined with the same material as a pickup bed. It's been 4 years & I haven't heard any complaints. :dance:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Rusty:

Congrats on your new boat. Several years ago I restored my 17ft Alumaweld driftboat. I had an outfit out in Newberg do the Zolotone interior. They did an excellant job and were good people. Call Stevens Marine in Tigard. They can give you the number. They have all their boats done there. If you run into a deadend mail me and I will locate them for you. I can't find the number.

Randy

·
Banned
51 Posts
Go with the bedliner material!!! I agree. You wont be repainting any time soon if you do. Its heavy, thick, and not very pretty..... but ITS A FISHIN BOAT. That original Zolotone paint I got with my Alumiweld might be good for some ski boat, but I had it down to almost bare aluminum in 2 years. Dont even have a nick in my Hurculiner.

[ 05-09-2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Toyn ]

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I just re-zolatoned the inside of my 18' Fishrite forward helm style boat. It turned out sweet! Very simple too!!! I'd never painted anything in my life. Check out their web page @ www.zolatoneaim.com. 2 quarts of primer, 2-3 quarts of zolatone, and a 2 quart clear-kote kit will do your boat. Probably $200.00 or less. I used a "primer style" HVLP (I think) gun, that was a gravity feed and there was no problems. Sand it down real good, mask it off and "go to war". Be sure to put the clear-kote on thick. I probably could of put more on, but I didn't want it to run. The clear-kote coverage is a little "light" on my boat, but it's a whole lot better than it was. Any question, just ask!

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of your responses. I still think I'll zolotone the boat just because of the huge cost difference.

Anyone else have a number of maybe, a private painter, as opposed to a company?

Rusty

·
Registered
232 Posts
I looked into the "bedliner option" for my driftboat and decided against it. Excellant product, will never wear out, but weighed too much for a driftboat. If you use the bedliner material, be sure and calculate the weight. You will be surprised. If you decide to do the zolotone yourself, I have an HVLP outfit that you can borrow.

NN

·
Registered
499 Posts
Give Mark Hanson with Hanson's Auto Body a call. He shot my sled inside and out. Did a great job for a great price. He used to paint all the Alumaweld boats back in the day. If you would like to see his work you're welcome to take a look at my sled. SPACE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts