IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the weekend at PC watching the surfers troll for sharks and the dories slide up the beach.

If you have never done this ( or even watched ) go. The landings and launches are worth the drive. The ride would be the icing on the cake.

Did not talk to anyone. But saw a bunch of bottomfish and a bonus tuna getting cleaned at the campground.

Watched 3 dudes and 2 dogs pile into a tiny Zodiac with a little( 15ish) yamaha on the back. Last time I saw them, they were a dot on the blue thru the binocs. A statistic waiting to happen.

Also saw 3" black rockets". 1 was in camp. The other 2 did a drive by on the beach.Looked like a test drive. fast boats. Bumpy looking ride.

No fishing this wekend. Just watching.

Mark and the tired sandy dog.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Was on vacation a couple of weeks ago and planned on staying around Cape Kiwanda for that very reason. No hotel reservations, only to find out there was a surfing competition going on that weekend. :mad: Wife and little baby were starting to get pretty hungry so down to Neskowin.(Sp) Great pizza down there.

It was still cool to see the dories in people's yards.

Joe and the second knee surgery in 8 months dog. :wink:

[ 08-24-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Birdnest ]

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Hey Flatfish, we took our grandsons down to P.C. saturday. If you saw a little blonde boy with a shovel running after another and screaming like a banshee, it was our grandsons!! I was amazed at how many people were there. That used to be a fairly unpopulated beach a few years ago. Being from Willamina, that was THE place to go when we were in high school!!

I love watching the dories going out and coming in. I think it would be a real kick to fish from one!

It was a beautiful day and the boys had a great time most of the time!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Yep, PC is quite active anymore, you should see it in February though.

Neskowin does have some pretty good pizza pie, being from the east coast, thats quite a compliment. Retail in that town is a joke though.

Mark: I spent an hour on the tucca today, and witnessed yet another surprise. Bright red ho's mingling with the steels in the riffles and a quite brave steelie cruising the shoreline that must have went 18lbs easy. A definite hog to say the least.
The dory's are cool to watch, and quite an experience to be on as well, I recommend if one has the chance to get on one, do it. (bring the dramamine)

A few years back PC had one of the best clam beds around, it took quite a hike to get to it north from the dory launch, but you'd get your share of a wide veriety of them.
But theres been some serious excavation happen up there and Im not sure if those beds are even accesable anymore?? Anyone know?

[ 08-24-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Row Vs. Wade ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.