IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't fished from a dory, launched from and landed onto the beach, you really are missing out on a exciting way to fish!

I went to Pacific city with my friend Yoshi to fish for Ocean Salmon, I had no idea of what was in store for me! We went to Yoshi's good friend "Uncle" Sam Sakimoto's in Pacific City.

I was asking what bay are we putting in at? Where is the boat ramp? -No we just launch from the beach.You just back up to the water, roll the boat off the trailer into the breaking surf, spin it around, wade out, jump on and head out to sea!

This is Sam and his Dory after we landed back on the beach, look out for surfers (in left of pic) and gas it right through the waves and onto the beach!

The ocean was rough Saturday, we managed to land 4 hatchery fish, released 3 natives between the 3 of us and came in as wind, rollers & chop kept getting worse.

I stayed Saturday night and Sam and I fished Sunday, ocean conditions were much better. The bite was very slow at first but Sam really knows his stuff and got us into some fish. We limited with 4 hatchery silvers and were back on the beach by 9:30 am.

Back at home with my share of 2 great days of fishing. In the picture Jack say's "Thanks Uncle Sam"!
Thanks to Yoshi also! What a great weekend!
-Steve :grin:

·
Registered
607 Posts
My buddy at work had told me of what you have just shown us. Very cool. I wonder how rough it has to get before they think twice?

Could it be done in a aluminum jet boat??

Full Freezer

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Thanks Hawgs, I had forgotten how much fun the beach launch is. Been there and done that One time many years ago.

Nice write up and pictures.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Sweet pictures...but how do you get the boat back onto the trailer and be on your way? :whazzup:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
You get the boat back on the trailer by attaching a long tow strap and tow the boat back on the beach, away from the surf and then with a full tilt trailer you ram the trailer under the boat.. the trailers are well padded for this reason. Pretty Slick!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a picture of some other boats being loaded. I wish I would have taken pic's of launching and landing on the beach. If I get a chance to go back I will take more pic's.

-Steve

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Cool report and pics H&H thanks for sharing

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Bar crossing? We don't need no stinking bar crossing!

Mark and the dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts