IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Portland and people have the containers and pod storage units next to the curb there are a bunch around the neighborhood that are going on 2\3 looks like people are using them for garage I don't know if they have a time limit on these things I sure they pay to have them just tired of looking at that stuff while walking the dog maybe just a rant

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I used one to move the website informed me I needed to check with my city to get a permit to put it in the street. I declined to do it and left it in there for one week, which I felt was reasonable. I looked at giving the city money for a permit and it was going to be like another 100 bucks. and i figured if the homeless don't need permits why should I get one, I pay taxes, they don't.
If you really don't like it call and the city and file a complaint and they will green tag it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's a city to city ordinance. The town I used to live in wouldn't let you leave your vehicle in the same spot in the street for more than a week. Code enforcement would come by and chalk tires to verify.
A simple complaint to the city may get the ball rolling. But again, it's portland. They have there hands tied right now I hear

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
There not supposed to be out in the street forever. We had an HOA and when I remodeled our house I was required to keep them on my property. I put them in the driveway and parked my vehicles in the street. Didn’t make much sense to me but ours was stuffed full of expensive furniture and stuff so even in the great neighborhood I lived I felt better with it backed up to my garage. Thieves love to “Shop” in the better neighborhoods. Portland? Well they are a whole different ball game. I feel badly for a lot of the people who live there. It’s a shame. 😕 :confused:

Reactions: dunndeal

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
They are expensive to rent so, presumably, people would not get them just for the fun of it and to help reduce their bank account. Instead of making trouble for someone that is doing a remodel or preparing to sell their home, maybe consider talking with them. Or walk your dog somewhere else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.