IFish.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all of the snow/ice storm damage from the past week, does anyone know if Oxbow Park is open? Is the boat launch clear for use?

Has anyone fished the Sandy this weekend? IFish has been strangely quiet on the subject. Either no one can get out to fish, there are no fish to be caught (hard to believe), or fishing is so hot no one wants to let the word out.

I just finished cleaning up the storm damage at my house (Big Thanks to Jay) and am itching to wet a line.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I think there's just been a lot of other places with better opportunities.

I'm sure the water color is fine but cold. The Clack was 35.5 to 37.5 degrees yesterday.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You can get out to Oxbow. The roads are all clear. There has not been much going on out there though. If anyone has any information to contradict my report, please reply.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
good luck

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Ray
I talked with Trevor Storlie yesterday and he said the river is in great shape because the ice melt has been slow. Oxbow is passable but only to 4 wheel drive at this time. I am sure it will be improving soon. I am certain that the water temperature is low though so be prepared to hit them on the nose!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
We were going to hit the lower Sandy today, but with the East wind howling, we hit the Clack. And glad we did! We found a couple over there...

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
A couple boats put in above Dodge and floated to Oxbow today. Several boats put in at Oxbow and floated down. To avoid the wrath of several members here, there were fish in the river is all I'll say. To clearify driving conditions, a Ford Focus can get to the boat ramp. Drift boats were both launched and retrieved from the Oxbow ramp. Guess I'll warn folks, currently it seems big natives are more available than hatchery fish.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hey Jim. Glad to see you post. I've been wondering what you were up to as I haven't seen you post in a while. Hope things are well with you.

Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
Decided late today that I couldn't stand the idea of going back to work tomorrow without getting a little fishing in this weekend. I got to Dabney with only about an hour of light to fish. Saw several boats pulling out, though didn't ask of their success. Between the howling wind, and the cold river conditions, my confidence was uncharacteristically low - However, I was soon jolted out of my stupor by a bobber down and a hook-up that lasted about three minutes before the fish came unglued. Looked like a bright fish about 7 lbs. I was disappointed to lose the fish, but happy to be out and to hook one given the poor conditions and limited time on the water.
Water level and color looked great. Chris

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hit Oxbow this a.m.about 8 and the road was fine. Water had great color and level. The wind was blowing a little but it didn't stop a 10# hatchery hen from suckin' down a pink/white jig with an Outlaw Bait Steelie Tube. :grin: Nice Way to spend a few hours.You can't catch'em if your hook isn't wet. :dance:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well, I am with Wiser? and don't want to rock the boat - but this board is about sharing information. Got this hatchery hen up at the park today. No scent, no bait. Just what you see.

Two wheel drive got me in - thankfully didn't meet anyone going the other way while navigating throught the icier/slushy spots. I crackered 2 :hoboy: before landing this steelhead. The good news is that there seemed to be fish in different places - so, they are in. But, Dave Johnson's advice is always good - hit the more productive rivers :grin: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts