IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ifishers going to be at the Fishery on saturday. I will be there, somewhere around Horsetail in a red Jetcraft looking for the elusive peeler. Anybody have a recent report?
Thanks in advance.
:grin: DM

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I hit the area for a couple of hours last weekend. I will not post a report on oversize due to the amount of criticism that you get from "haters" and every other back seat angler on the subject but I will say that they are in thick. Fish below horsetail in about 30 to 45 feet of water. Anchor in the softer water near the main current seam with a fresh shad trimmed with a long leader and hang on. Good luck :cheers:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I will be there Saturday, blue and white 17' Sylvan with IFish stickers of course! My wife and daughter are joining me......finally! I will be in that area, say Hi if you see me!

Good luck
Scott

·
Registered
13,576 Posts
Hey Tacklebuster any time you are headed out on a wed or thursday dont forget about me i have been dreaming of hooking into one of the big old fish.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Can you buy shad now at the fishery??? I'd rather not haul the shad gear along if possible.

Monday I'm taking two guys who havent experienced the oversized sturgeon spectacle..should be fun.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Trim the gill plates, fins, and tail off. This will help your bait not spin as much and will keep it on the bottom. I also cut slits along the fish to let it ooze stinky oily stuff.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sometimes you don't even need to use a whole shad to catch an oversize. We usually quarter the shad and have caught more fish then you can shake a stick at (not trying to brag, just have been doing it for many years). The gills works well also. We might be going to Camas Sunday to try. Good Luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts