IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind/size hooks should I use? Also what line. I find that the Brad's 6/0 hooks and leaders are of poor quality. I foind the hooks to be dull and some of the points slightly bent. The leaders were nicked and starting to come apart. Can some one please help.

Thanks
suckerfish

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have had great luck with Gami's in a 8/0 size. They can be purchased at Bi-mart at a resonable price and the nice thing is that they are already barbless. Just my .02 :cheers:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
11\0 mustad or VMC used with 80Lb or 130Lb dacron leader. Tie your own and get the leader length that you want. Just remember to pinch the barbs. the 10\0 Gami's also work but I hate using stainless on those fish due to swallowing issues.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
When I was getting ready to go with ****** a few weeks ago, he had me pick up 9/0 hooks. I found the 9/0 VMC Barbless hooks at GI Joes. Not Stainless and already barbless. ****** tied the leaders on the boat.

Good Luck!

Steve :cheers:

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hook size really depends on what you are using for bait. I keep hooks from 7/0 - 12/0 for oversize fishing. If you are using a whole shad, I would go with a minimum of a 10/0 hook.

For line I use 80 lb tough line and 92 lb Dacron leader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts