IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishing up in the gorge the last couple of days?

Going tomorrow and would appreciate a report.

Thanks.

KHH

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Fresh Bloody Shad and Hold ON!!! We had 6 in a row back to back to back a couple days ago until we could not even put another rod back in the water. Good Luck

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Bring some lead with you... they got the spillways cranked open and the river, its a flowing. We had to use 48 - 70 oz to stay on the bottom today. Lots of oversize.

UG

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Missed you Rick... Didnt happen to see us run out of gas about 50 feet away from the dock at the fishery did you... was a little embarressing. :blush: ... oops!

Had just enough gas in the kicker fuel line to go the last 50 feet.

UG

[ 06-01-2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Uglygreen ]

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went out for oversize on the 30th. We put in at the Fishery then ran up river to catch some bait then we settled in for the oversize. I had never fought one of those monsters before. When the fish hit I grabbed my rod somewhat skittishly after witnessing the punishment my buddy had just gone through. Well I wasn't buying shots for my buddies, so I fought that big boy from start to finish for 40 minutes and I am still feeling it today. He definitely kicked my but. I have fought a marlin before, but that fight on Friday was much more grueling. After getting back on the anchor I wasn't too anxious for another hookup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts