IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bitten by the Tuna Bug and am looking for some good quality outriggers to fit to my 24 foot Searay Laguna. I would prefer portable rather than fixed mount. Any suggestions from you experienced Salty Dogs would be greatly appreciated. I've looked on line but the reviews on most outriggers have been less than stellar. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
516 Posts
Taco, Tigress, and Precision all make outriggers that use a gunwale mount- all 3 are pretty good quality. Remember, that you'll hear ranting from one user, while there are many others that are very satisfied.

· Registered
692 Posts
I went with taco sportslam bases mounted to the hardtop. Totally out of the way when not using. They turn in and out from underneath. I went with fixed on the vertical as they looked to be stronger. Added a 10ga backing plate underneath and through bolted with lots of good marine caulking. Outriggers are 15' taco 1.5" telescoping with the premium rigging kit. Upgraded to the roller releases. They seem to work very well other than one that broke on the 1st trip. The shaft in the roller broke loose on one side and roller fell out.

Do a search here for "outrigger help". I think you will find lots of good info. By the way I bought my bases off ebay and saved a ton of money.

Good luck
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.