IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have heard from someone who knows:
The Blazer's move to ROOT from NBCSN also means the end of NBCSN's sponsorship of Outdoor GPS. Shows to end in September.
Not sure of it's future with another network or sponsor.

Nuts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Man, I love this show. I hope they can find another way. I'm sure someone will pick it up. Better yet, do a podcast or internet based show. I'd still tune in every week!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Nooooo. That sucks. I watch it every weekend. Have learned so much. At minimum I bet Owin has a internet show like the Addicted guys. Then he can cuss and speak his mind freely:)

Does that mean Angler's West is going away too? Another good show.

·
Registered
13,823 Posts
Confident they can get it figured out. Lotsa platforms out there. Just figuring out how to juggle sponsorship/media/logistics equation. They were smart enough to figure out a market was there when nobody else say it. I have faith they will be able to get the kinks worked out on this as well.

As a fellow waterfowl junkie (Must admit, I'm still pouting over not grabbing that Iverson...), I'd love to see it keep going.

Too much content out there is just so far removed from what we have here in PNW.

Owin seems to represent the voices of the vast majority of hunter/anglers I have met. And on top of that, he does it in a classy manner that is fairly positive (Rather than the dumpster fire that is most internet pages).

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hope it doesn't end, I'm going to miss all the give-away's, I've been 5th caller numerous times.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Maybe the ruthless hordes of people will thin out at Sauvie next year without him promoting it........KIDDING!!!!!!

I'll bet someone picks it up.

Reactions: Denneroll

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Root Sports channel is 734 on my cable system. So I wonder what kind of non compete clause thing is in play before Owens NW Rants show is on featuring the same sponsors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
As a big blazer and GPS fan this sucks. I hope Root at least picks up GPS. Root is not carried by the internet TV providers, ie Hulu, YouTube TV etc. Hope this changes soon!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I used to like the show, but the host's arrogance and rude treatment of his support staff on air is a major turnoff for me. Angler West, and now also Day One Outdoors, are far superior shows IMO.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
As a big blazer and GPS fan this sucks. I hope Root at least picks up GPS. Root is not carried by the internet TV providers, ie Hulu, YouTube TV etc. Hope this changes soon!
It’s funny how people gripes about Blazers being on Comcast/NBC for so long and now it’s changing and people don’t want it to change.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I used to like the show, but the host's arrogance and rude treatment of his support staff on air is a major turnoff for me. Angler West, and now also Day One Outdoors, are far superior shows IMO.
Are you the guy who called in recently and stated he should stop sharing his personal stories about fishing when people call in asking for his personal advice/stories about fishing? I love the show and personally never have seen him treat anybody poorly on the staff other than sarcastically. Can’t please everyone I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I think that the viewers have a say. Call the network and complain, and they will find a sponsor. They need viewers, and if viewers respond, they will answer. One way or another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,000 Posts
I tuned in a few time. Informative show to a point but the format of spending so much time telling me what I am about to be told gets old. Notwithstanding, I hope the show finds another broadcast platform for those who like the show.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I’ve learned so much from that show over the years. I still record on the DVR and playback the shows I miss. We even listen live when on the river. The show keeps getting better too. Matt has been a great producer. I’ll never forget the episode when the NFS guy called in

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I, too, hope he finds another home. I also hope whomever takes him on encourages him to spend a little time informing himself, and enlightening his viewers, on some of the the ins and outs of fishery management. Most recent example: the way he says the CR run will "magically" change from spring Chinook to "Quote unquote summer Chinook"

1 - 20 of 56 Posts