IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my SS Thermos went into the garbage can this afternoon. The last couple of times I used it, my coffee got too cold to swallow after just a few hours. When it was new a couple years ago, it stayed hot for quite a while. But today I really needed some hot coffee after pulling my boat and it wasn't fit to drink. I have a Stanley SS coming from Amazon. It better keep coffee hot enough to drink after 5 or 6 hours or it too will hit the garbage can innards.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
One good thing about amazon-- dont like it just send it back and they pay the shipping and its so easy.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have two Nissans, a one quart and a two quart. Both are very good at keeping coffee hot, but the larger size is much more efficient at retaining heat. Get the big one if you can justify hauling around 2 quarts of coffee.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I use a Hydro Flask, insulated. Its a 1.18L/40 oz. Keeps my coffee drinkable for about 10 hours. But then again,,I haven't had a really good cup of coffee in 15 years. Cafeine and I don't get along. Anyhow, Hydro Flask is what we use.. Tea is good also.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Pretty tough to beat a hydro flask. I use a 20 oz tumbler for coffee, a 32 oz for ice water, and we have a handful of 24-40 oz screw-top thermos style ones. Unbelievable.
If you need a big one, they have a 64 oz growler and I think even a full gallon...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I like the new style coffee cups with the flip up lids to drink out of and a stanley to feed it. If I took 64 oz of coffee springer fishing I bet I would drink it all.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rock salt, half filled with hot water, a little dish soap, now shake and your thermos will be as clean as new.

·
Premium Member
2,571 Posts
If the Stanley doesn’t work out I’d recommend Hydro Flask as well. I got one from REI and works great. Wife also has a travel mug she puts hot tea in and even that keeps it hot for several hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had a Thermos that wouldn't keep the contents hot. Had it several years and finally got tired of messing with it. Emailed them, told them my problem. They issued a return authorization and I got a new one back and it works great. bb

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Quit the bad habit of coffee. Take a shot of whiskey and you'll warm up and not care if the whiskey is warm or cold.
Ha! I was at a coffee shop and the lady in front of me ordered and handed her "to go" cup to the barista.
Barista looked inside and dumped the contents into the sink.
"There goes my rum" said the customer sadly.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious, preheating a thermos makes a big difference in how long your coffee (or whatever) stays hot. I heat mine with boiling water.

Hard to beat the hydroflask types. Somehow we got carried away and wound up with about a dozen in various sizes, including 2 still in their packaging, taking up cabinet space for the last 8 months.

"There goes my rum" said the customer sadly.
And their goes his tip.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Thermos fatigue is a serious first-world problem. Not kidding.
Well, we’re in the first world. I’m not going to complain about the cleanliness of my water.

·
Premium Member
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quit the bad habit of coffee. Take a shot of whiskey and you'll warm up and not care if the whiskey is warm or cold.
Problem with that, Joe, quitting coffee, is the caffeine withdrawal. Migrane time if my caffeine level drops too low. I guess it is possible to load up on it in a sugary soda pop but don't need the sugar comma. A lifelong habit of 1 ~ 2 pots per day isn't going away. When I leave home for a day of fishing I leave with a thermos full and two SS 16 oz cups full of black coffee. The two cups get me to the ramp. Of course, I've already gone through a couple cups at breakfast before leaving. Then, as often as not, stop at McDs for a cup on the way home.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts