IFish.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hats off to ya!

It costs a lot of money to run for tuna. We all love to catch ‘em; they taste great; our friends love them too! But, they cost a lot of money.

The ocean is not perfect tomorrow. Under other circumstances, they might not run. The traffic to Hammond is sure to be bad. But off they go.

It will be a zoo tomorrow. Launching will be a test. Sleeping will be difficult tonight. But, they are there now, preparing for tomorrow’s run.

Tomorrow will be a “throttle down” run up the Columbia. I think they meet outside the bar, don’t they… at 0 dark thirty? And when the horn goes off, there will be a ski boat race west on a snotty sea. I wonder who has the fastest boat?

Who will drop in first? How many will run past that guy asking, “Is he nutz?”

Maybe that guy will win the whole thing.

These OTC guys are paying for their lodging, food, gas, boat payment and using their own tackle. And everything they catch tomorrow, they give away. Whose idea was this anyway!?!

Thanks to the OTC guys. (I bet they don’t get lots of thanks for their efforts.) Thanks to the OTC sponsors, too.

And here’s to those who will benefit from tomorrow’s efforts. Fresh Oregon albacore. Healthy and tasty! I pray it helps those in need. I’ll bet it does! Enjoy!

The OTC is an incredible thing. We are blessed to be a part of it, however it touches our lives. Someday, I hope my boat is big enough to make the run and bring back a couple coolers full of help for those who really need it.

The Oregon Food Bank is pretty cool, too!

I’m going to make a cash contribution to the Oregon Food Bank. Yes, they accept money. If I could, I would give them fish.

And then, I’m going to try and thank those OTC guys who fish tomorrow and I’m going to encourage them to keep fishing for the Food Bank…for years to come.
:angel1:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I too would like to wish all who are participating in the OTC this weekend a safe and prosperous adventure. Please be safe out there, at least looking at the forcast, it's kind of close together out there, which is going to mean a bumpy ride. :shocked:

Above all else, be safe, and come home. :pray:

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the winner is .... ??

:shrug:

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
PL, you captured the spirit so well with your words that I think YOU are the winner.

One thing about it, there won't be any losers.

:bowdown: :applause: :bowdown:

Skein

·
Registered
11,461 Posts
Congratulations to all. :cheers: Team Seelicious your Awesome! :clap:

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
did anyone expect any less of bud??:clap::clap:
Way to go team Seelicious! That's a class more all the way!
Sounds like a great time, sorry I missed it. Hopefully garibaldi will meet with equal success.
Cheers,
GBS

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Team Seelicious, refusing the first place prize money and asking that it go to the Oregon Food Bank. :applause: No surprise. Way to go guys! :cheers:
And hats off to the organizers of the CR event for all your work. Great event!

Freakwater
To Seelicicous. :cheers:

Urdefinitely Daman!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts