IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is about a week late. I spent last week in a workshop in Newberg, Oregon for Chemical Dependency Treatment. I learned a lot, and hopefully will help my patients over the long haul....

The purpose of the note was to thank everyone involved with the OTC. It was a lot of fun. I especially want to thank CIRCAFIsh for taking a chance and taking a Duckwheat from spudsville out on the big blue. A lot of you guys dodged the bullet, but CIRCA took me on.

There were certainly several unique moments. The 180 degree boat departure after the Coasties set off the flares. Spotting fish off the starboard side at about 100 yards. Before I can hardly get the words out to notify the capt a reel explodes with that sound you guys know...

Reeling in my first TUNA, I began to contemplate just how much of a toll father time has taken on me.

Both taverns have Karioki (sp). I have never participated and probably never will. There were a few people who could sing and a bunch who should save it for the shower. Beer, helping talentless people enjoy their lives to the fullest.

You could also keep the beer lady talking about herself, the brewery, the weather, and just about anything else with out having to cough up a ticket. I almost felt like going for a song or two!

I was just checking the tournament results. 14th place for the Team Sustainer. I think CircaFish should have had a 3-4 pound handicap just for having an Idaho crew member.

Cruising into TMOOK Bay there is a monstrosity setting along the road. Hey, that says AQUAVELVET. And yes that was the Centurion that lived to tell the tale. I must be getting close...

Thanks again! Next year the Duckwheat Express (boat) will be coming to a port near you.

Duckwheat

·
Registered
401 Posts
:cheers: Duckwheat as a fellow ride a long, I had a great time with you and Circafish and I believe we made an good showing even though I let a fish or two of yours go.:shrug: I can't speak for Circafish but anytime your in the area you are welcome on my boat, just give me warning. sturgeon salmon ect...

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Cruising into TMOOK Bay there is a monstrosity setting along the road. Hey, that says AQUAVELVET. And yes that was the Centurion that lived to tell the tale. I must be getting close...

Duckwheat
Fortunately, we were able to resolve our roadside issues just in time to make to Tilly for the Capt's meeting.

Glad you guys made it out, DW! Sounds like you had a great day.

CrF

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Congrats, DW. I was wondering if you made it since I hadn't heard anything - but knew you were chomping at the bit to get to some tuna. Maybe next time we can actually hook up and wing or at least chat face to face.

Fun stuff that tuna fishing, eh? :grin:

Skein

1 - 6 of 6 Posts