IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get the thread started? <30 days to kick-off against Boise on 9/3 @ 7:30 pm (ESPN ) in Corvallis.

Pac-12 Championship will be the two top teams this year. No North-South Division Champs: Pac-12 announces change to Football Championship Game format

ML Omar Speights has been named to a bunch of watch lists and preseason honors: Pac-12 1st team, Nagurski, Bednarik. The dude is a beast and will anchor a (hopefully) solid D.

OSU is picked to finish 8th in the Pac12 which is a joke :p Pac-12 Preseason Predictions For Every Game: Preview 2022 UO, USC and UW all have new coaches. Beav's have a lot of beef returning on the line that blocked for the conference leading rusher last year. Running backs are solid with Fenwick, Lowe and Martinez. Be interesting to see if true frosh Martinez can get meaningful touches this year. Nolan is the obvious starter at QB with a high quality back-up in Gebbia just waiting for his chance to earn the starting spot.

Should be a great season that sees the Beav's vying for the Pac12 Championship, IMHO.

GO BEAV'S!!!!

And if you've got 11 minutes here is a time lapse of rebuilding Reser:

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I already bet a Duck buddy $100 that the Beav's take 'em in the Civil War (or whatever the heck we are calling it now) in Corvallis this year.

TE Luke Musgrave is going to be another player to watch. Named to Mackey watch list. Name should be familiar to duck fans 😝

ILB/QB Jack "The Hammer" Colletto is also back 😁 Look for a few more wrinkles in the short yardage game.

Just hope Coach Smith has gotten some of those bone-head drive killing penalties cleaned up this year :mad:

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
A strong OSU squad is great for the state.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
It is good to be able to start out with optimism.

I like that they have two proven to be capable QBs, and they always seem to have another outstanding running back waiting for his chance to shine. Still, a lot of things will have to go right for them to truly shine. Staying healthy, a few good breaks, etc.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I’d like to see more consistency. One of the exciting things about the team is you never know which team is going to show up. This leads to some spectacular upsets, but it cuts both ways.

Win all the games you’re supposed to win, and then win most of the close games, then win a few of the games you’re not supposed to win.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Just hope Coach Smith has gotten some of those bone-head drive killing penalties cleaned up this year :mad:
I'd be happy if he quit trying to be so cute with the way too numerous trick plays - fake punt pass to a short non-receiver going up against a tall, true corner or going for it on 4th and long. Seems he out thinks himself way too often. Let the team grind it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts