IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice tanner... Kind of like the time my brother set the hook into a monser fish only to real in someones discarded fish head that was floating down stream. We let it go though... It wasn't even smoker quality... :rolleyes:

Fish on
Romeo

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
The Oregonian putting out false or misleading fishing reports? Say it ain't so Bill.

·
Registered
22,377 Posts
Bill is reporting only what he has researched and discovered. Give him a break will ya? He's a great advocated of our fisheries whether ya like him or not.

Now if it was Brian Brickman making those reports I could understand. That guy does not do his homework and is bad for Oregon and washington alike.

Then again this could all be a government coverup. :hoboy:

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
Catch and eat,it was only a spoof. I've enjoyed Bill Monroe from my days at OSU when Bill worked for the Corvallis Gazette Times,anyway it was a lead in for Bill to tell his side. OK Bill your up.

[ 08-01-2003, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: freespool ]

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
Gotta tell ya......

My self and three budies fished the Cowlitz a week ago Monday and we went 8 for 13 and was off the river by 10:00. The way I got it figured that's two fish per rod ??

Got your back Bill

·
Registered
756 Posts
FishaholicksAZ - I heard that story once. But instead of telling the guy he got fishguts, they criticized him for setting the hook too hard and turning the fish inside out. :laugh:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Just saw Bill a couple hours ago down here in Depoe Bay. He went out on the Black Rocket today and scored.

Limit of Halibut, limit of Lings, limit of Salmon and got some tuna. :cheers: Don't know how many tuna but know they couldn't of limited on them at 25 per person. What a trip! :dance:

He was meeting someone in Newport for dinner tonight and out fishing with them tomorrow for salmon.

Doubt he will be surfing ifish tonight. :wink:

Dan

·
Registered
462 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else noticed that the "Oregonian" reported 1 fish per rod on the Cowlitz for summer steelies, but WDFW reported only 3/4 fish per rod.

I guess 1 per rod sounds better than 3/4 per rod. I'm willing to bet that they pulled this info directly from WDFW, and beefed up the numbers to make it sound better......just makes ya wonder what other types of numbers the "Oregonian" rounds up to make the story sound better?

Granted they only rounded up slightly......but it erks me to see the paper reporting lies.

Or maybe I'm just being anal....????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.