IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, put another festival in the books!

I sure had a great time! I really, really, had a great time. I have to admit that I'm already thinking of what to add, change, and forgo for the next decoy carving contest (that's what I was involved with this last year).

To that end, I was interested in getting some feedback from those of you that went. I'd like to hear how you all thought things went. Suggestions for next year...?

Let's keep this positive and constructive. Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not broadcast to the world.

Geoff

· Registered
10,870 Posts
I loved the decoy carving entries :cheers: Very cool to see other people's work from all over the country. Nice work, Geoff and Harry. :applause: Oh yeah...did I win that hoodie?

Loved the kids activities...the bouncy slide and play things, cotton candy, wader races, decoy painting...all of it was awesome!! Mike and his wife did a great job with the kids stuff!! :cheers:

Dog events were cool too! Dan did a good job putting those together and running them :clap:

I'm disappointed that the Echo guys, Buck Gardner, and The Duck Lady didn't get to make it up here this year. I was gonna buy another Echo call...well, let me rephrase that...i'm GOING to buy another Echo call, was just going to do it at the festival. :wink: I understand there was another festival back east that they were attending, so i'll forgive them this time :grin:

Overall...I really enjoyed myself this year. Better than last year even. I think it went very well! Kudos to all that helped put this together...you guys did a fantastic job :cheers:

-jokester

· Registered
2,652 Posts
First time, Great time! Great job to all that helped put it on, and donated all there time:applause:. Dan Mitchell has a great facility and it was very nice to meet :applause: to him too. It was also great to meet many of you members of the feathered affliction, see you in the Marsh, Blind, or on the River.

Daryn- DTSportsman

P.S. Any chance we could get the winners of all the contests posted? Thanks

· Registered
647 Posts
I was only able to be there a good chunk of Saturday but it was a good event in my opinion. I enjoyed watching the dog events - kinda wished I'd have brought my dog to run through it. Then I watched some guys bust clays...wished I would have brought my gun. And I watched a bunch of the calling contests...Nah, I don't think I'm even in the ballpark so no contest for me!! Oh well, coulda woulda shoulda...Nice event and can't wait until next year!!

To Steve and his crew: Very well done!! and a Huge thanks to all the volunteers!

Jay

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I liked it....and for a first time, I really didn't know what to expect. I will second the kudos on the kid's activities!!! I had my daughter in tow, so she was real excited to see the kids stuff, along with the snow cone vendor. Personally I wised that sportsmans and Joes had more stuff to buy...I don't know If it was just me...but, I didn't even see waders for sale???.....everything else was top notch!

Paul

· Registered
2,941 Posts
I posted to a different thread after enjoying the OWF of Saturday but wanted to make sure that you guys got a big kudos for making the event happen. There were no negatives as far as I could see and it looked like both the attendees and the vendors were smiling. I didn't make it out to see the dog events or the kid contests but the silent auction looked like a success, since people were hovering around the bid sheets at closing time. My better half and youngest boy had a great time and I particularly enjoyed the shotgun "trick" shooting event at the end of the day. I also got the chance to meet Hunt'nFish and Wang - it was nice talkin' to you guys so I could put a face to the name -

:wave:

"CL

· Registered
1,741 Posts
Thank you to everyone envolved with ensuring that the Waterfowl Festival happened. I had never been to one before and found it to be a great experience. Everything was great from the seminars, dogs, facility, kid events, decoy carving, boats, etc...

I got to meet quite a few ifisher's. So, now I have some faces to put with some of you. It was good getting to talk with everyone that I met. I probably don't remember all of your real names, though.

Like everyone else has stated, I can not wait for next years event.

Thank you again to all envolved with putting on this great event.

Mike

G

·
It was a pretty good festival...much better than last year...Im thinking about entering my boat for next year in the blind/boat contest..

My only suggestion would maybe be to see about 1 or 2 more food vendors....The hot dog line had 20 people in it....luckily the Taco Shack opened up....but an elephant ear would have hit the spot!

Oh but I was able to pick up the duck lady seasonings for the year 2 bottles of smokey mountain and a bottle of the Parmesian.

Has it been confirmed for Mitchells again next year?

· Registered
121 Posts
As far as the food vendors go the rumor was that thee was supose to be one more additional vendor but due to a car accident with a death involved they were not able to attend?

We also had a great time, all events were a hit with us as well

Cureless (Mike)

· Registered
1,651 Posts
Well I don't know about every contest but Eric Strand (Fleece) won the state duck, state goose, and the open duck. Wade Walling won the open goose and Strand got second. Eric and Wade's 2 man goose team also won. I (Justin Kasmeyer) won the novice duck. Mickey Culver won the novice goose. Robert Strong and Shane Rossen won the 2 man duck. I think that is all the contests except the junior duck and goose and I'm not sure who won those.

· Registered
2,662 Posts
This was the 6th festival for me and they have gotten better ever year....This year I think every one that was involved in putting this festival together did one heck of a Job. I think they all deserve a hats off, a hand shake and and big thank you and flowers to the wifes. We can only hope that there invloved next year with the festival.
:clap::yay::grin::flowered:

It was great to meet alot of you and put faces to handles.:yay:

· Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Here are the standings from all the contests. Congrats to all.

Oregon Junior Duck
1) Spencer Martenson
2) Nate Adams
3) Jeremy Aberndoth

Oregon Junior Goose
1) Jake Jochim
2) Kody Shriver
3) Bryce Davey

Oregon State Duck
1) Eric Strand
2) Brandon Eckert
3) Mickey Culver

Oregon State Goose
1) Eric Strand
2) Carl Eckhold
3) Chad Carlson

Open Duck
1) Eric Strand
2) Mickey Culver
3) Brandon Eckert

Open Goose
1) Wade Walling
2) Eric Strand
3) Carl Eckhold

2-Man Duck
1) Robert Strong and Shane Rossen
2) Robert Strong and Spencer Martenson
3) Bret Crowe and Wade Walling

2-Man Goose
1) Eric Strand and Wade Walling
2) Wade Walling and Chad Eidson
3) Eric Strand and Dusty Brown

Novice Duck
1) Justin Kasmeyer
2) Brett Neffendorf
3) Carl Eckhold

Novice Goose
1) Mickey Culver
2) Chuck Lobdell
3) Bryce Davey

· Registered
401 Posts
This year was awesome! Hung out with some great guys and had a blast.

Hats off to the management team. Two people that I was able to see in action the most were Mr. and Mrs. Hunt&Fish. Wow. They did an outstanding job.:applause:

So many good memories and tips for this coming season. I am now fully pumped!

Tom

· Registered
801 Posts
Can't say enough about Mike Hunt'n Fish & his Wife---:clap: :clap: :clap: the kid activities were a big hit and a lot of hard work that people didn't see went into making them happen...

Really, the same can be said for all of it--glad to hear so many people enjoyed it. Delta Waterfowl will be back there next year for sure...

· Banned
29 Posts
Great Festival guys!!! The trip from Ohio was well worth it. And it was a pleasure to meet you guys.

I'm looking forward to getting a chance to come out there again next year to kill some birds.

· Registered
10,870 Posts
Great Festival guys!!! The trip from Ohio was well worth it. And it was a pleasure to meet you guys.

I'm looking forward to getting a chance to come out there again next year to kill some birds.
Good to see ya on here Boom!! Welcome to IFISH :cheers:

-jokester

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.