IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone got out clamming in Oregon today, it's open, right? I want some clams real bad and have the time to go this week.

Pat

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went this morning around 10:30 and got my limit in about 15 minutes. Doryboy

·
Registered
262 Posts
Went out tonight around 10:30 and dug a limit in about 20 minutes. There were people north and south of the Sunset Beach access. My wife and son had both gotten limits mid morning also which allowed me to have fresh fried razor's for dinner. It's been several months since we were able to dig so they tasted extra good! Not alot of pressure tonight. I'm sure that will change though. It was a very calm and warm evening on the beach.
Baytroller

·
Registered
450 Posts
Doryboy,Baytroller,

I'm sorta new to the razor scene, mostly dig gapers and butters. Do you mean that you dug the +2.5 low tide? That doesn't seem very low for a low tide but I guess it is adequate for razors?

-Bottomfeeder

·
Registered
262 Posts
My wife and son dug the tide your referring too and both got their limits. I dug the night tide which was a lower tide and got mine. The current morning tides would not normally be considered a good tide to dig but if you have an ocean thats laid down pretty good you can dig more often than you would think. It helps when there are clams around also! Good luck if you go.
Baytroller

·
Registered
524 Posts
What is the season on these.Any info would be great.I dug last Saturday up here but I'm headed to fish tillimook bay this weekend with my wife and uncle,clamming would be an awesome bonus.I'm staying in Netarts.Any info would be very helpfull and appreciated.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

·
Registered
524 Posts
Can you just go dig @ low tide or is there a certain time and season like in Washington.I know how and where to dig,I just don't know the reg's.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Clatsop Beaches are the only ones open in Oregon right now. ODFW does not have as intense of a management program as WDFW. The season is wide open until July 14th unless a toxin outbreak occurs.

Clam

·
Registered
6 Posts
YOU CAN GO TO SEASIDE AND GO RIGHT OFF THE PROMENADE. MY 83 YEAR OLD DAD LIVES THERE AND HE ACTUALLY WENT OUT YESTERDAY AND GOT HIS LIMIT IN 45 MINUTES. HE WAS SO DAMNED EXCITED HE HAD TO CALL ME TO BRAG!!!!! LIMIT IS 15 ANY AND ALL COUNTS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
STRIKE ZONE------THE BEST TIME IS LOW TIDE. THE BIGGER THE MINUS THE BETTER. JUST MORE OF THEM TO DIG. ALSO LOOK FOR THE BIGGER AIR HOLES, THEY TEND TO CORRULATE TO BIGGER CLAMS. I WOULD HEAD DOWN THERE BUT HAVE TO LOAD UP FOR DEER HUNTING. GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got down on the beach late this afternoon (1:00 pm) tide was already starting to come in. We got our clams but had to work for them, 45min. to one hr. I heard from some of my friends that they didn't have any trouble getting them, both today at 11:00 am and last night. :shrug: We were south of sunset.................Bobber Down

·
Registered
516 Posts
Netarts bay has excellent clamming but I don't think they get razors there. Fort Stevens is about a 30-45 minute drive north and would be a much better choice for razors.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Len and I went clamming up by Hammond and had our limits in 30 minutes. :dance:

Got a late start so the tide had already turned but they were still showing. Wasn't a low tide either. Had them for dinner last night and they were yummy!! :grin: :laugh: :grin:

Terry

·
Registered
352 Posts
Steve, remind me when we get together lobbing some bobbers here soon (did I just invite myself :blush: ), I'll bring along a vac. package of razors for you to take home. Did you want them cleaned (JK)?
I haven't got any more eggs recently, so I'm fine on the cure.
The size of the clams that I got were 3 3/4" to 4" for those that asked.................Bobber Down

1 - 20 of 21 Posts