IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently stuck in the little burg of Fishkill, NY, about 75 mile north of NYC. I'll be here for a few weeks.

Anyway, had dinner tonight in a chain eatery and on the menu is their house special (Wild buffalo burger) with " Add a slice of Tillamook Artisian Cheddar, $1.00".

8 oz fillet of "Wild Oregon Salmon" was 25 dollars. It came with rice or baked Idaho potato and a fresh salad.

I just thought it was interesting to see.......

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I NEVER buy salmon unless they can tell me what species. Too many restaurants selling pink salmon and labeling it as "Wild Salmon"...

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I NEVER buy salmon unless they can tell me what species. Too many restaurants selling pink salmon and labeling it as "Wild Salmon"...

Or that great $4.95/pound "silverbright" stuff that Trader Joe's is selling right now.:crazy:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Safeway had some frozen Keta (Chum) Salmon fillets for sale a few years ago. You could just barely see the purple. Now wheres that puking smilie.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm currently stuck in the little burg of Fishkill, NY, about 75 mile north of NYC. I'll be here for a few weeks.

Anyway, had dinner tonight in a chain eatery and on the menu is their house special (Wild buffalo burger) with " Add a slice of Tillamook Artisian Cheddar, $1.00".

8 oz fillet of "Wild Oregon Salmon" was 25 dollars. It came with rice or baked Idaho potato and a fresh salad.

I just thought it was interesting to see.......
Netarts bay oysters in the half shell in Madison WI.
$26.00 per Dozen......:bigshock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts