IFish Fishing Forum banner
121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Does anyone else find it interesting that a website comprised of salmon anglers is probably, overall, more of an advocate for the timber industry than for salmon and their own water supplies?
First, I'd say the website is comprised of people that fish and hunt. I think we have more saltwater fishermen and hunters than anything else. and most of us advocate for the rights of the people not the government. the timber company's own a lot of land its there's not the governments. they should do what they want with it

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
First, I'd say the website is comprised of people that fish and hunt. I think we have more saltwater fishermen and hunters than anything else. and most of us advocate for the rights of the people not the government. the timber company's own a lot of land its there's not the governments. they should do what they want with it
Private timber companies can do what ever they want with it. They choose to harvest timber with it. Get it zoned that way to take advantage of tax benefits. Now if that timber company enters into a contract to log public lands they enter into stipulations one how to harvest and where they can sell it.

In general you can tell where corporation lands end and public lands begin, even in the checker board forests you find along the edges of larger tracks of land ownerships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

121 - 122 of 122 Posts