IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
So my wife and I are looking into both drawing the late season Hood buck hunt. My question is it necessary to have the Weyerhaeuser access to have a good hunt? I tried to get a permit hours after the permits went on sale but the permits were already sold out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't hunted the late tag and have not purchased a Weyerhaeuser permit, so take this with a grain of salt.

There is no shortage of deer in that unit and there is plenty of publicly accessible land with active logging going on. Given the limited number of tags given out for the hunt, I wouldn't sweat it even a little. County forest land and SDS lands (which I believe are open to non-motorized access) have good deer densities and clear-cuts of different ages. National forest land at lower elevations will have thinned timber, and somewhat lower deer densities. Still no shortage of deer.

All my hunting in the unit has been earlier and at higher elevations, but there's some nice bucks in the Hood. You should be able to turn one up in November on public land.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't hunted the late tag and have not purchased a Weyerhaeuser permit, so take this with a grain of salt.

There is no shortage of deer in that unit and there is plenty of publicly accessible land with active logging going on. Given the limited number of tags given out for the hunt, I wouldn't sweat it even a little. County forest land and SDS lands (which I believe are open to non-motorized access) have good deer densities and clear-cuts of different ages. National forest land at lower elevations will have thinned timber, and somewhat lower deer densities. Still no shortage of deer.

All my hunting in the unit has been earlier and at higher elevations, but there's some nice bucks in the Hood. You should be able to turn one up in November on public land.

Good luck!
Thanks for your comment this is very helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.