IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading to the coast tomorrow. (From Utah, too hot here)We will be staying in Seaside. Does anyone know where we could try some steelhead fishing? Rivers anywhere from Hebo to Astoria. Any crabing? Is the C.R. open for salmon? Give me some suggestion Please?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Are you bringing a boat? If not you could probably find room on a charter and go hit the ocean for some salmon fishing.

If you don't have a boat and want to do some crabbing you can either go down to Tillamook bay and crab off the docks or go to the marina and rent a boat. There might be boat rentals in Nehalem somewhere and that is a little closer to Seaside than Tillamook.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
There are summers in the middle Wilson. Low low and very clear though, so probably an early morning gig, and I would be thinking bob and jig in dark colors.

UG

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
No fish in Oregon, I wil be at Strawberry for some big cuts and bigger rainbows.

I have Thursday and Friday off and will provide boat, bait, rod and reel. Can also loan you a bobber rod and some first cast jigs for earlier in the week. YOU just gotta stop by and pick them up at my house. How many of the kids are coming on this trip and just how big it that condo?

I think Rags will be taking Friday off also and the three of us can hit the CR or Nehalem bar. I will borrow 4 or 5 crab traps from Dean Leth for us to use. Will you have floor space for Rags and I at the beach house?

Drive safely and we look forward to fishing with you again. You're welcome to stay here Saturday night if you want. Say howdy to the family for us.

I have a surprise waiting for you?

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
UglyGreem, can you give him a mile post or there abouts as he will be fishing alone for three days and doesn't know the river very well. He can catch fish but will need to narrow the playing field a little. I will let him use my bobber rod and some virgin first cast jigs.

Gonna take him out to sea come Thursday though. Not sure where but may take him to catch and release some gators out of Hammond and do a little crabbing at the same time.

*Fish only bite wet hooks*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts