IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has any shad reports/info to share. Hoping to head out this weekend.

Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
382 Posts
I would back troll up by the falls we fished last night up there caught about 15 the go to color was chrome with green tip dick nite you can get them most any where.
Don't anchor up by the falls it can be very dangerous!!! You could lose an anchor worst yet your boat if your not experienced.
Have a little bit of every thing on hand. Good luck. FE

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Went out there yesterday with Sturgeon Tom and two of my co-workers who I couldn't classify as fishermen, after getting them one day licenses and hitting the water at 5:30PM. Over 60 fish in just over 2 hours. We fished just above the mouth of the clack, about 75 yards. We had countless triples and even more double hookups. We hardly ever got to sit down. Go get 'em, it's easy picking.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. We are heading out early saturday morning. old 16 starcraft with 6hp and 50 hp Mercs. If you are out there say hi!

Mgm

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,248 Posts
Four year olds caught shad okay last evening.

·
Registered
13,822 Posts
Alright, I am game. The new to me has a new to it pump. The wrench says it is fixed. we are taking his word for it and have invited some friends with us.

Question is:

1- Are there any beaches near Clackamette that we can BBQ some burgers in comfort?

2- Where do we put in?

3-Can we anchor up without gunfire?

4- We have been using the sand anchor( danforth I believe). Do we need to hook up the rocking chair?

The original plan was Frenchmans for lunch and somewhere around there for shad. But word on the street is it has slowed down some.

Since we are taking 2 newbies out, catching counts. Sooooo... Waddaya think folks.

Mark and the wants to say "Hi" to Maxine but he aint going dog.

[ 06-05-2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Flatfish,
It may have slowed down in some areas. Not at the "Rack". Filled a 120 qt cooler in less than 90 minutes with 3 rods today. Many doubles and triples.

·
Registered
13,822 Posts
Ok,

I'll bite( no pun intended).The shad rack, right? Location and possible BBQ spots( Mrs.Flatfish will kill me if this turns into a he-man fishing trip. So sorry if I sound like a weenie, but I am....this time). A cooler huh... Jeez. Hmmmm. Maybe, if we caught enough fish I could talk her into it...

Mark and the getting ready for the doghouse but it will be worth it dog.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Flatfish,

If ya want some easy fishing the Willy at Clackamette is good. Put in at Clackamet Park (at the mouth) As you troll out to the Willamette, Dahl park on your right side has a sandy beach to BBQ although with the HOT weather it will be packed (like Everywhere).

If you have ever anchored you will be ahead of many of the weekend warriors out there so you will be OK.

The rocking chair anchor is the way to go.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what/where is the shad rack?

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
mgm - The Shad Rack is just upstream of Beacon Rock on the Washington side of the Columbia below Bonneville. You can't hardly beat the shad off your rods with sticks up there this time of year.

The shad fishing at OC isn't quite as hot, but still generally VERY good. Lot's easier current.

Mark, there are several places besides the Dahl Park beach where you can pull over to shore for a barbie. Just stay off my back yard! :smile: Actually I will send you an email.

I would not use a danforth. Put a rocker on. The bottom is fist sized rocks for the most part around there, and more current than most people realize. Danforths tend not to bite well there, even with chain. You can use it in some of the slower water or the sandy edge near the island, but that too is my back yard and you need to stay back from there.

Generally people only get shot there when they slide down on other people.

Jacob isn't coming? Geez, and I just bought some roast beef!

Hog and Maxine who will be laughing at you in the telescope dog.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Hogmaster.

so many shad so little time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Flatfish, that is one amazingly chameleon dog you have there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts