IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished the Santiam but my work takes me through Stayton and Jeff every week so I have been seeing LOTs of folks/boats at the bridges. I have no boat but would be happy to help pay gas/expenses if someone needed a extra person to tag along :tongue:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Fish_N_Russ,

I don't know if you can make it, but I'm thinking about taking Thursday off :smile: for the Santiams in a driftboat. Not exactly sure where yet, caught and lost a salmon Saturday on the NF, but it was pretty slow.

By all means, go with Grant when you get a chance, I'm no guide!

Got to take the kids fishing on Saturday, going after them there trout. :wink:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Trevor Smith is also a good one(I think that is his name) He and Grant are both Team GI Joes guides. I've seen both of them fishing the N.San lately.
Just my.02
Later Geoff

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Grant,

Fish-N-Russ had to work, so I fished alone. Got a nice 20lb buck with your eggs, lost another and flubbed two take-downs (sometimes your mind and your hands don't think alike). Quit fishing at noon due to the heat/low water.

Thanks for getting the eggs stocked locally, now if I could get your steelhead eggs locally without ordering we'd be mighty happy! :smile:

Rob aka fishy-one

·
Registered
395 Posts
Today goes in order of catch 20,26,24.5,19. There are some dandies out there now.
Grant, thanks for giving Steve some eggs on tues he was pretty stoked about it. I wish I could limit out everyday like you and be done by 11. Must be nice.
River is definately low, now no sleds can get up.
Heard a ripped his engine of going own last night? If It"s true that could've been interesting.
Later Geoff

·
Registered
395 Posts
the last sentence in my previous post should read like this: Heard a sled ripped his engine of going down last night?
Sorry for the grammatical errors but obviously hooke on phonics didn't work for me.
Geoff

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Geoff, thanks for the interpretation of your post. I think that I burnt some brain cells trying to figure it out.

Rob, the Albany GI Joes has steelhead cured eggs right now. They are really nice as I cured them just 48 hours ago. Good luck. Grant

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yeah down below the dam,were the deep hole is above the flats. It was on tues and I think ou were doing a half day drift. It was the green and gold Fishcraft. I also was at GI Joes when you came in and were talking to Steve on mon.

Did you fish today? I saw Travis Smith and I think he said he went 1for2 ,but I'm not sure though.
Later Geoff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts