IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a seat open for one guy trolling the mouth of the Cowlitz and maybe anchoring for some URB's. Reply here and I'll call you Mon. night. I'd have you call me but I don't know when I'll be around. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I hate to rain on your parade, but I believe the gill netters go into the river from Longview bridge down river to Astoria on Monday morning at 7:00 A.M. until 7:00 P.M., which means not many fish to be had come Tuesday. Hope I'm wrong, but the informtion came from a good source. Anyone else please chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, today we had 3 netboats working our area and they did hamper things a little bit. Still, we saw 3 fish landed in a boat below us, we landed one and lost one, and my buddy Ray and his brother each got one. This is while the gillnets were floating right by us. One fish was a fair Tule but the rest were fresh URB's with sealice. The seat for tomorrow is taken. I may have to fish elsewhere though. If it makes anyone feel good, we talked to one netter. He said he caught 27 fish and 3 were worth selling, he threw the rest back, I assume they were dead, but I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts