IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested in drifting the Lower Sandy in the early morning? Dabney to Oxbow. Looking for the almighty Springer and Steelies. Send me an email and post something here.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Premium Member
14,395 Posts
dang smily, you're one tough guy. gonna row upstream all that way? (i had to take that one :grin: )

i would love to float with you tomorrow but i have to deal with some stuff on the homefront. good luck out there!

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
ampersat,
Good thing you nailed him for that one because I was about to until I saw you got there first......... :wink:

Andy,
Got a not so good report for the lower river today from my reliable source.........dead, dead and dead. Should be some fishes in the oxbow stretch, be sure to let us know. I'm going up to fish with the masses on Sunday.

Good Luck,
JK

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, I can't row upstream cause I am one lazy rower. :rolleyes: Any macho man want to row up stream for me? :shrug: Thanks for busting my chops on that one. :grin: I did mean from Dabney to Lewis and Clark earlier.

I don't want to hear the dead reports. I am sure there are fish in the lower river. Okay maybe Oxbow down to Dabney then.
Any takers?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I could go Sunday. I have a date with some shad Saturday morning.

[ 05-30-2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Bounty Hunter ]

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would love to go with you, but I have to drop my wife off in Portland at 6:00am before heading to the river. Was planning on fishing below Cedar Creek.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Andy, make sure you take waders. The take out at Dabney is a pain right now because the water is in that in between low stage where you can't row to the ramp.But I guess since you are putting in there and going up it might be easier :smile: . Also look out for a tree in the river just below the Greek Camp. We fished it a few days ago and it was dead. Good luck

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Marty,
I noticed that tree for the last 2 or 3 trips down there. As the river gets lower it looks like more of a hazard. Last time we went right over the top of it and was wondering if it was gonna spin us around. Also I were shorts and sandles this time of year. Waders are for the winter days. :grin: Thanks for the heads up though.

Adofish, if a drift interest ya,What time can ya be at the river?

Last Monday at the takeout I seen 2 fishheads in the wter. Someone's catching them!!

Bountyhunter, I got a date with the Shad myself on Sundays. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Andy, Shorts are a must this time of year. I actually rowed my boat barefoot on Tue. That tree is out of the water far enough that you have to go around the end of it. Water is low going into that slot also, pretty musch had to go down the right side right at the tree then row to the left to go around. Water is pretty soft there so not a big problem just something to be aware of. We hit in a couple othr spots also. I was surprised at how thin it is in spots and the river is still over 9' I used to run it down to 8' and hit about as much as I did the other day. Good luck like i said it hs been slow in that stretch, a few fish around but they have been tight lipped.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The river sure has changed this year. Some fishing holes where I nailed some big one's in the past are filled in. Before you get to the greek hole you use to go right following the bend of the river now you go strait. Your right about drifting it at 8' with minor bumps. Now it's a little more bumpy at 9'.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Hey Andy, I hope the fish gods smile on you with some chrome. Nice of you to offer up open seats.
What's with the lazy rower stuff? Best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts