IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an enjoyable day of fishing!

Started off the day meeting Ben (Fishin Fool), Ryan (Willamette River Outlaw) and his friend David, I mean Steve, I mean John (LOL inside joke) at the dock. Man was it ever rainy and dark, brought me back to those springer days a few months ago. Today we had some clingons follow us out, the rest of the Carrot Crew in Zaq’s boat and Steve (Small Fry). Together we formed a mini hogline of death in one of my little honey holes.

First thing we get out there and Ryan is in the water likity-split and 10 seconds later he gets a bite! What is it with people catching fish before I even have a chance? This happens every time. Ended up it was a jack but hey there is blood in the boat within the first minute… maybe this is going to be a good day despite the weather…

It was not too long before my trusty rod was bouncing like 10 spider monkeys jumping on a trampoline! I learned my lesson yesterday and let that nook eat it for a while then BAM! FISH ON! I promptly handed my rod to David, I mean Steve, I mean John and the battle was on! This fish fought long and hard, and I mean hard. Which was awesome for John because I guess he is some kind of salmon droughter but I would have never known by the way he tamed this beautiful 28lb hen! This is a great way to send you off to North Carolina mmmmmmm fresh salmon; they don’t have them there John Boy!

OK back on anchor and a few minutes later my rod is thumping away again! I tried to hand it off but no one wanted it so I landed this bright hen! Saweeeet!

All right a few fish in the boat! Back on anchor and BOOM, another takedown on my rod… hey there’s a pattern happening here… this one was handed off to Ryan. This bad boy went URB went 28lbs as well! Nice fish Ryan!

By now my rookie boat crew is handling the duties flawlessly… reel in, throw off the anchor, pull in the sea anchors, get the net out… BAM, BOOM, KAPOW, you guys did a great job!

Next it Ben’s turn and finally the other back rod took a dive. This fish was fighting heavy and deep and when we finally got it up we noticed it was a beautiful URB; Up River Boot otherwise known as a Tule! At least we got another boat fire drill in!

Ben was still up and a couple minutes later my rod takes another dip and it went to Ben… he did a great job getting this hen to the boat!

That was it for the fish, we had a couple other half-hearted bumps but no other bites. I reversed fortunes today sticking all the fish that gave it a thump, nice to get back in the winners circle.

Small Fry ended up with two fish in the boat and my Carrot Brother clingon’s ended up with these to URB’s with a few others crackered off!

All in all a great day. Ben, Ryan and John it was great fishing with you guys. It’s great to meet new people, there was not a dull moment with all the jokes and stories. What a thoroughly enjoyable day!

Fished 53 feet of water and the 50/50 copper/chrome Alvin was THE hot lure today with a heaping helping of shrimp scent.

Oh ya tip of the day... if you want to catch big fish you have to use big bait!

·
Registered
14,774 Posts
Nice to see Ryan in someone else's boat today :wink: Just Kiddin.

Was that the senior Mr Scheele that I've heard much about??

Nice report Shane. Looks like Bobby is keeping his line wet...and tight.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that is the senior Scheele. He is now on his way to pick up... oh.... about 10,000lbs of eggs for those Ammerman boys to cure up! What a job! :grin:

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I had a blast today. Hopefully we didn't offend too many people. It is only going to get worse for Thursday, I have a feeling.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy: :wink:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
Great fish and great pics all.
We also land 3 for the a.m. tide but forgot the camera at home :shrug:
It was wet today but oh what fun.
So..Ringo is changing his name to Kong? :laugh:
You guys sure have me laughing at times!!keep the pics and stories coming. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thanks again Shane, I had a ball, don,t know what to think of the krew beside us. The hilight of the day for me was Shane explaining why and how there are so many idiots on the river now. Something about people doing stupid things and then being rescued by the coast guard etc. and then going home and having more kids to turn out like them.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:shocked: Who, wha the... :tongue: :grin:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
That mini hogline was awesome today, I can't wait till Thursday, that should be interesting
:wink:

Fishin Fool
Willamette R. outlaw
Small fry
(sorry but didn't get the other names) Nice to meet you, thanks for putting up with us, you should see Shane when were all in the same boat :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bobby

·
Registered
10,716 Posts
steve dave john told me say thanks again for him.. And a thanks again from me.. It was a fun time.. Good meeting you guys. I think my sides will be hurting for a couple of days.

Bruce,
It was a weird thing, shane actually caught fish, up until this point I thought that the captains job was just to steer the boat and cracker fish. :wink: (just kidding)

ZaQ,
We got like 6 fish.

[ 09-09-2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: willametteriveroutlaw ]

·
Registered
993 Posts
nice fish whats that only 2 fish in the other boat and two BABOONS
GOOD LUCK thursday Shane

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts