IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....but the catching was poor!

I took Jason, SteeliesRUs and his brother-in-law (I think) Ryan out today on the mighty Columbia to try our hand at catching some of the recently elusive URB’s. To tell you the truth I was a little worried about the fishing today since the reports have been slow from the mouth up… but what the heck, it couldn’t be slow 4 days in a row… Right? Right! :grin:

Things did start out a little slow for us at first and we decided to give my first spot a 30 minute time limit before a move. Soon after we set the limit my rod took a nice dive to the water… All right, FISH ON! Since Jason and Ryan drove about 3,000 miles to fish with XTC and I today I figured I would hand the first one off. Ryan did a great job fighting this nice URB to the boat! Way to go Ryan!

A while later Ryan’s rod took a dive and we had our second fish on! Lucky for Jason he was feeling sorry for him and did not want to punch out because he passed his rod off after some pleading from Jason. This fish put up a nice fight on Ryan’s ummmmm, special reel and pole, anyway another nice URB in the boat!

Our third keeper also came on Ryan’s pole! This beauty bit right at the bottom of the tide and put up an excellent fight! Here are the boys with their 3 fish for the day, one for each 1000 miles you had to drive to make it to St. Helens!

Three fish and I said the catching was poor? That’s right because we had another 10 pound downs! A spectacular 3-13 today! :hoboy: Wow! Now before you go giving us advice, our hooks were sharp, our drags were set correctly, yadda, yadda, yadda… sometimes the fish just win! :shrug: The nice thing is there is an equal and opposite reaction for every action, or so says some guy named Newton so I guess I will go 10-13 tomorrow! At least I made some tasty smoked salmon dip to go with all the crackers today! :rolleyes:

It was real nice meeting you Jason and Ryan. I’m glad I got you those 3 hens since you were running low on eggs. You know all you had to do is ask and I put the Alvins on that catch hens only!

Details; we fished just below Frenchman’s in 52 feet of water. Hot lure was a blue tipped Alvin.

3 open seat days down and 4 to go… I think the fishing is just going to get better and better as the week goes on!

[ 09-08-2003, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: 5-Cents ]

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
What a day 5cents. Always enjoy the pics and stories.
With 4 more days, you should have quite the tales to tell. Hopefully I can spin one or two myself in the next couple days. :shrug:

·
Registered
327 Posts
must have bought those rubber hooks way back when at joes when that sporting goods manager was kind of working.... sincerely droughting in colorado steve

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Woohoooo, nice fish, thanks for sharing your special day. :dance: :dance: :dance:

[ 09-08-2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Ooooooo! second pic is puuuuuuurrdy cool.

I'm a little jealous, xtc never hands me a fish :depressed:

Let's give it hell tomorrow.

Bobby

·
Registered
638 Posts
Great job! Glad to hear things are picking up, even if you didnt limit the boat.

Are you sure those dudes drove 3000 miles? That one on the left looks like he's right out of Eugene! :wink:

-Steve

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Another great show and some nice looking fish!

Get those non-stickers out of the way so they all stay on the hook this Friday! :dance:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Nice fish mayby if you post the pictures twice it will look like you got a limit :tongue:

[ 09-08-2003, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Get Bent Tackle ]

·
Registered
676 Posts
Way to go guys! We fished below st helens and went 0 for 5 today :shrug: still a little slow but saw more fish caught than the last couple days! Should be red hot by friday!!! :cheers: :dance: :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Wow what a day and I went all the way to Astori Sunday to end up with two Coho.
st

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Thanks Shane.. we had one of "those" days on Sun 3 for 8 after going 7-9 the day before!
Thanks for the pics and story!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts