IFish.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post a short rant to the sorry no good for nothing %^$&^%* that decided they needed my T8 worse than I did on friday night.

I realize we all fall on hard times some times. Some are by poor choices we make and other times by no fault of our own. I have compassion for those that are willing to help themselves first. I also believe all men/women who want to work can find work. It may not be what you want to do but work can be found at almost any level. Having said that I also have NO compassion for those who can work but choose not to and only try and
make a living by stealing from those that do.

I also realize how tempting it looks to drive by my house (rented) and see a new boat sitting in the driveway. I bet you wondered it won't matter to that rich guy look at his house and boat he can afford it. Not that it matters but that rich guy is not so rich. In fact he and his wife have worked hard to get everything they have. The house is being rented because of the sticker shock of Portland housing prices. Having moved from the south where housing is affordable we are trying to find a nice safe house to raise our family. The boat - how can he afford a new boat on a single income. He must be doing something illegal then. Well the boat was a gift from my dying father-inlaw who loved fishing and wanted to see his family enjoy something nice that he was not able to afford when he has alive.

So mister non working crack head, ******* or no good for nothing I would be more than willing to help those who want to help themselves but I have no respect for any human who does not respect himself enough to leave another persons property alone.

It's not that the T8 can't be replaced or that I will have to take money from my pocket to cover the deductible that is not what matters. What matters is now that I know you are out there I will be suspicious of every human being that I come in contact. My innocence for Portland has been lost and everything I have heard or suspected about it is true in my mind until proven otherwise.

steve :mad:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Sorry to hear your stuff got stolen. Watch Craig's List, E-Bay, The Oregonian, Willamette week, and any other online venue that you can sell boats on that you can think of although locally Craig's List is probably the biggest mover of stolen goods. More than likely if it was a ******* they are going to try and sell it soon. Maybe just maybe you can catch him and restore your faith in the rest of humanity.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Post the serial number. Will keep an eye out in craigslist, etc..

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
theres a guy out willow grove that works on motors....maybe give him a call, or run out there(around the marina) and see if anyone is shopping around a cheap motor for sale.
I've seen a few adds on craigslist for his repairs.

·
Registered
857 Posts
you know, I often wonder where all these stolen boats and motors end up. I look on craigslist but there really isnt much there. I wonder if these crooks are taking the stuff out of state or something like that.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
you know, I often wonder where all these stolen boats and motors end up. I look on craigslist but there really isnt much there. I wonder if these crooks are taking the stuff out of state or something like that.

Having had a brother that borrowed my tools and then never return them, I can attest to the fact that most of this stuff never gets sold by the thief. It is bartered directly for the drugs quite often. The drug dealer pays 10 cents on the dollar after profiting by 400 to 500% on the drugs. They are often also given to people to which the offender owes money to close a debt.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i was told by a law enforcement officer that most stolen motors end up in alaska

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
i have seen a lot of kicker motors for sale in portland pawn shops. i hate druggies too! i wish it was legal to execute them all, and yes, pot is a drug! i am sorry for your loss of the motor. i have a kicker your welcome to borrow.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
i have seen a lot of kicker motors for sale in portland pawn shops. i hate druggies too! i wish it was legal to execute them all, and yes, pot is a drug! i am sorry for your loss of the motor. i have a kicker your welcome to borrow.
You would execute someone for smoking a joint?

BCF

·
Banned
166 Posts
For every item stolen there is someone out there buying it.
Most of the buyers that get a deal of a life time on merchandise must be suspect on how it was obtained. I realise some deals are legit but as I said most must know.
It is a sad world where people, seemingly good people otherwise will buy things that they suspect are stolen.
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
23,401 Posts
This would ruin my day for sure. Maybe even month.

It is a sad state of affairs we live in this day and age when everything has to have layered security in order to protect our stuff.

I was raised in a different time and place when locks were not needed. Stuff and yes valuable stuff was left unlocked in the tool shed, garage or back porch. In fact as a kid growing up on a farm in NE Washington I do not remember a lock on the front door of the house.

I think most of the kickers stole are just sold to otherwise good people for their own use and never see the inside of a pawn shop or the pages of Craig's list.:shrug:

Sad to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
exlonestar I feel your pain, been there done that ya' know.
Now...tell us what type of lock, security measures you had on the kicker so we all can be informed, and become less of a target for thieves. Alot of ifishers live in the Longview/Kelso area, perhaps tell us about the neighborhood you're in so other boat owners in the area can be on the lookout for suspicious people skulking around their boats.

Help us here!

Smj

·
Registered
860 Posts
So mister non working crack head, ******* or no good for nothing I would be more than willing to help those who want to help themselves but I have no respect for any human who does not respect himself enough to leave another persons property alone.

exlonestar, you hit it right on the head with the above statement. I too have been in your position. It's just not right but they "THIEFS" don't care how hard we work for out property. Sorry for the loss, should I see something like it - I'll PM you.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
To the thief:

May your boat sink in bloody, shark infested waters; and may your mother be unable to attract attention to save you as she runs barking up & down the beach!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the comments. Just FYI the boat was parked in the driveway on a pretty busy side street in the Hawthorne district. They obviously came equipped. The kicker has foward controls and they had something that clipped all of the throttle cables and battery cables. They were thoughtful enough to take the fuel line off after the squeeze pump. Makes no sense that they would cut the electrical cables since there was a twist off connecter but would take the time to remove the fuel line clamp and slide the hose off. Go figure. Once the boat is repaired everything will be locked down, alarmed and lit up to high heaven. Neighbors tell me it's not the people in the area but those cruising through looking for stuff to steal.
steve

·
Registered
529 Posts
Lonestar, Sorry for your loss but please don't assume everyone around you is a thief. I moved here from Ohio where things were stolen on a daily basis. Now that i am in the Portland area, been here 4 years and I leave a lot of equipment outside due to lack of space and in this time nothing has been stolen. The problem is not who lives near you it's the lowlifes that come into your neighborhood. Just watch out for strangers watching your house. I noticed in Ohio they will check out your house on several occasions before actually taking what they plan. Anyways, if you have a picture i will definetely keep an eye out. Good luck on the insurance, Takes 1 person to make a thousand people look bad.

·
Registered
19,641 Posts
i hate druggies too! i wish it was legal to execute them all, and yes, pot is a drug!

So is alcohol and tobacco, so bring lots of ammo.
Better card the pot smokers, some have a legal right to smoke it.
According to law enforcement, must burglaries are meth driven.

·
Registered
8,743 Posts
We could solve this problem by not buying undocumented merchandise. Of course, the pawn shops and second hand stores would probably be upset. It's the same thing with scrap metal places that buy tons of copper, catalytic converters, etc from normal people. We need investigators to go around and check the books on everyone of these places and the same thing with Craig's list. It's not like someone with a boat stole the motor...they have to sell it to someone.

So, as long as there is a market for the stolen items...someone will steal them!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
Its legal in Iran, you could move there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.