IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a piece of equipment (single rear axle vacuum truck) that will require a CDL class B license to drive. Equipment is in Olympia, Washington, I need it drove to Bay City, Oregon. None of my crew currently has a CDL to drive the truck, though they will need to get one soon so we can use it.

I cant find a place that you hire a driver for a day to shuttle a truck, plenty of schools, etc.... but not a driving service to move equipment. Anybody know of such a service?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I have no idea about a driving service but I bet you could ask around and someone with a cdl would do it. I would help you out if I were closer.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
Ask the county or another City (Mook) if they will help you out. Over hear in Beaver country we'll do that sort of thing for each other since we share resources quite a bit.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
When do you need it done? I may know somebody with a CDL.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Try Googling - Hot Shot Trucking FR8Star. There’s some companies like FR8Star and others that allow you to arrange shipping and will connect you with drivers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
Looking at buying a piece of equipment (single rear axle vacuum truck) that will require a CDL class B license to drive. Equipment is in Olympia, Washington, I need it drove to Bay City, Oregon. None of my crew currently has a CDL to drive the truck, though they will need to get one soon so we can use it.

I cant find a place that you hire a driver for a day to shuttle a truck, plenty of schools, etc.... but not a driving service to move equipment. Anybody know of such a service?
PM coming your way.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a CDL and current medical card. I have had my CDL for 10-ish years. No drugs or alcohol in my system. If this is something that can be done on a weekend, I can probably do it.

I can (possibly) have my wife deliver and pick me up, or you can work that out and save a few bucks.

I have been running vac's for years...

I sent you a pm with my number.

Jim

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I'm sure you'll be able to find a driver on here if it can be moved on the weekend. I let my CDL go a couple years ago since I wasn't using it anymore.

As far as your guys go, if they need a class B for this I would recommend they just get the class A in case you decide to get more equipment.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I also ran vac trucks and guzzler trucks for a while. I still have a current Class A, med card, TWIC, and all that.
I could do it on a Sun/Mon/Tues. What I don't know about is operating authority, insurance etc. Trip permits are no biggie.

You can send me a PM if you need me.

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Looks like your covered. If not I also have Class A with tanker and Medical card. If its on the road Ive probably driven it it as far as types of trucks go.

You have probably looked into it already but getting your guys into CDLs and all the stuff that goes with it is going to be an expensive time consuming proposition. Medical cards, random UA and breathalyzer etc.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Also in the future if you can't find someone or just don't want to think about it, post on uship. I've hired full semi 53' flatbeds on there and a broker hooked me up with a great deal compared to prices quoted by transport companies I called.

They have small mom and pop stuff but they also have brokers and shipping companies with licensed drivers, insurance and any kind of trailer.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have a class B with air brakes and tanker. Shoot me a pm of your still looking and I can see what I can do to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts