IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a one man pontoon for fishing some of the smaller coastal rivers. I used a friend to hunt the John Day river and it was nice. I am just wondering if there is a certain model that people prefer? The drift boats nice but sometimes its to fish and not just row other people!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Get one that you can stand on. Also get one that has an anchor system and a means to carry up to 3 rods. I have a fishcat 9 and I can't stand up on it. Wish I could. I've stood up on the seat before but it's too sketchy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How do you intend to fish? I and a couple of friends use them only to travel with and stand in the water or on shore. Therefore smaller and easier to handle. I also use my in the lakes with flippers. If you want to stand in it . bigger heavier something larger to haul it.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Get one that you can stand on. Also get one that has an anchor system and a means to carry up to 3 rods. I have a fishcat 9 and I can't stand up on it. Wish I could. I've stood up on the seat before but it's too sketchy.
:agree: Having one you can stand on will save you so much frusteration and probable get you a few more fish.
JD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts