IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my wife got her first Springer yesterday. :dance:

So the real question is when do I get mine? :shrug: She also got a larger Springer two weeks ago with an extra fin. We were at the North end of Bachelor Island. We fished the later tide and were in 9 feet of water. We were using wrapped K15's. This was the only bit we had in four hours, except for my two squaw fish. Whenever fish get on the boat it is a fine day! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Nice job!!

I want to get my wife into a steelhead this year. Might try for a sturgeon when the Astoria bite gets going.

Where is Bachelor Island? Is it along way from Catapiller?

Is it on the Wa or Or side?

Krue

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kruechief
Bachelor Island is just upriver from the mouth of the Lewis River on the Wa. side.
We were in such shallow water I was ready to move. But less than a minute before the pole bent there was a seal just in front of us. I suspect that the seal moved the springer into her kwiki. If that's true, seals may not be all bad.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
WEll done. I am envious of you because your wife will go with you. The only way I can get mine out is to promise a great restraunt and a movie. Great picture and keep going. It will happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts