IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beerbelly and lucky bamboo wanted a fish story from me seeing as how im a new member. OK

Last year i fished the upper wind for the first time with a friend of mine. i caught a nice fish and was fishing again when i hooked another fish and was in the process of bringing it in.it wasnt fighting like the last one but i thought it might be a smaller fish. i brought it in and was surprised to find out what i had.it turned out to be a salmon that had been fileted and tossed back out in the river.considering the condition it was in,it put up a pretty good fight.I guess he didnt want to get thumped again. HUH.i ended up going home with 3&1/4 fish. they were all bright fish,especially the 1/4 one.it was preeeety tasty.
True story----

I guess i was living up to my login name of fish-bones.

DICK

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
OK, let me get this straight, you caught a live fish that was missing its sides?? The person that filet it must have left a lot of meat for it to still be able to swim, let alone still be alive. Wow that is a story, I have heard of sturgeon being caught after they have been fileted, but hey I have seen sturgeon live out of the water for almost a week.

If you can tell that tale with a straight face, sounds like you will fit right in!

Welcome aboard!
Andy

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
How was the hike out of the canyon? You can't do an upper Wind story without at least mentioning that you have be part goat or llama to get in and out. Great story. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ANDYCOHO:
OK, let me get this straight, you caught a live fish that was missing its sides?? The person that filet it must have left a lot of meat for it to still be able to swim, let alone still be alive. Wow that is a story, I have heard of sturgeon being caught after they have been fileted, but hey I have seen sturgeon live out of the water for almost a week.

If you can tell that tale with a straight face, sounds like you will fit right in!

Welcome aboard!
Andy
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi andycoho,
the story about one day on the upper wind was true. i did catch three nice fish and i did hook the carcus of a fileted fish.i was just joking about the fight it put up.i just had some resistence from the river and strecthed the truth about the fight.Sorry about that. I DID TOSS IT BACK IN TO THE RIVER GODS.

DICK :

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Oh, Bones, key strategy error! Never 'fess up to stretching the truth! Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hey FISH_BONES Welcome That story sounds famaliar. Maybe we can get toghter on the Wind and you can show me how to catch some of those fileted fish. :cheers:

:dance:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hmmmmmmm....already fileted out, huh? I've heard some "real" fish stories, and I guess that's as believable as most of them are! :laugh: Not that I don't believe you, Fish-bone, cause I do. There's all kinds of strange goings-on in the world of fishing! :shocked: Good story, and hope we get to read more like this one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts